Poland version manual DCS "Black Shark" [Sample]

Kusch

The file is just 8KB for me. I tried downloading few times, but it seems corrupt.

Are you translating directly from Russian?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Shamandgg - you could help us, if you want to. :music_whistling:

Some people are translating already directly from Russian (also using the version generated by systran), others will start when English version will be released.

Oh btw - I hope there is nothing wrong with using the original (slightly modified) manual layout and ED approves it. :)

Edited by Jascha
  • Like 1

others will start when English version will be released.

This is where I will be glad to help you too.

I hope ED has nothing against this. Copyrights and such... so will they approve this or all the links to it will be removed from this forum and people banned? Evil, any word on this?

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

Are you looking for any inputs on technical terms propriety, ortography etc. or on major errors only?

If I may speak for others participating in this project - any help is welcome. Our goal is to make this manual as professional as it gets. But please keep in mind that the available chapter is only a sample (beta version). The plan is that translators will exchange their parts and correct those created by others. After the English manual will be released it will be a lot easier to make a proper translation. The final release of this manual is intended to be as comprehensible as possible.

This is where I will be glad to help you too.

Great news. :)

I hope ED has nothing against this. Copyrights and such... so will they approve this or all the links to it will be removed from this forum and people banned? Evil, any word on this?

:) If I get it right, there is really no need to be sarcastic towards ED regarding their forum policy and such. I think it's clear that it's in ED's own interests to have more language versions. I was just asking to be sure, but if there are some copyrights issues involved we can always rearrange the layout. It will be unofficial manual, available for free (it's obvious). I'd be glad if someone from ED could clarify this.

If I may speak for others participating in this project - any help is welcome. Our goal is to make this manual as professional as it gets. But please keep in mind that the available chapter is only a sample (beta version). The plan is that translators will exchange their parts and correct those created by others. After the English manual will be released it will be a lot easier to make a proper translation. The final release of this manual is intended to be as comprehensible as possible.

Ok. Sooo... Do I wait for the final release or do I start sending my suggestions? In this thread or PM?

Ok. Sooo... Do I wait for the final release or do I start sending my suggestions? In this thread or PM?

Well I don't think it's necessary to flood this thread with suggestions regarding the quality of translation (everyone will have some ;) ). Send me PM or the best option would be to join the "official" translation thread on the Polish forum (www.il2forum.xt.pl).

Thanks for you interests. :)

Great work guys!

PS - What approach are you using in your work? Translating by hand or using some application? If it help, check out my reply to guys from China:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=544758&postcount=5

Edited by Renato71
  • Like 1

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

The manual is translated by hand so far. Although only few guys are working already (since most of us will be translating from English).

Thanks for the link. :) I'll check it out.

Those CAT programs are very helpful when you translate technical manuals - things are quite repetative or very similiar. Saves time, and help you to keep up with terminology.

Each is different, has different learning curve, but every hour spent on learning CAT programs will make your work 2 times faster and 3 times better :D

Contact via PM.

Heheheh - our languages are most complicated :D

And we didn't even start to talk about proper accentuation :D

If you mean about those plural form, that can be solved (narrowed down) to most needed (3 or 4) by playing around with sentence form. But thar person got it a bit wrong - there are not so many plural forms in either of our languages. There are only three, and everything else is product of declinations and gender.

Check out your Linux community - Linux people are very keen on localizations. Polish team has almost 100% of KDE translated. They can be great source of information regarding grammar, workflow, organization, teamwork, testing, feedback, translation tools... you name it!

For project like this one - big and technially oriented - it is very important to determnine terminology and delegate duties, like who is going to coordinate, proofread, check the grammar and such. It would be smart to set up a web page where you could upload your current work.

Some CMS engines like Drupal have translation modules. Say you choose Drupal - you upload complete original and mark it as English. Then you start translating, which you can do offline or online. After translating a page or paragraph, you set the page as translated and publish it. You can always do it as a plain frame page, like I have done it (due to lack of web design knowledge, hrmh).

Contact via PM.

Mate, read this: http://hubpages.com/hub/Most_Difficult_Languages_-_Polish

I don't think this program will be so effective for us (with repeating the translation for example). Our grammar is seriously f****** up. :D But I'll give it a try.

A myth! Very good occasion to clarify this. AFAIK Polish is as complex as the majority of Slavic languages including Russian. In fact Polish grammar works pretty much the same way as Latin grammar thus making lerning basics of latin a good starting point to learn Slavic languages (more than one) fast.

Remember the "Romani iti domum" scene from Monty Python's Life of Brian?! :D This sentence sounds almost understandable for us without translation from Latin BTW! ;)

I don't think showing how many forms of word "two" is in Polish is a good indicator of language complexity. Ofcourse in therms of comparison to other Slavic languages - sure it looks complicated when compared to English.

But thar person got it a bit wrong - there are not so many plural forms in either of our languages. There are only three, and everything else is product of declinations and gender.

A good example of unnecessary scaring.

An anegdote:

I was at a NY subway station whem an Asian woman passed me by. I saw her from the distance flipping some small cards. When she got closer I could hear her repeating - "oko... ucho...nos..." (an eye, an ear, a nose in Polish) ;)

Edited by Bucic

I don't think this program will be so effective for us (with repeating the translation for example). Our grammar is seriously f****** up. :D But I'll give it a try.

Here's one (somewhat trivial, but illustrative) example of the relative complexity of languages: the number 2.English, Spanish, Dutch: 1 form (two, dos, twee)

Portuguese: 2 forms (dois/duas) - depending on gender (2 - masculine & feminine)

Croatian: 7 forms (dva, dvije, dvoje, dvojica, dvojice, dvojici, dvojicu) - depending on gender (3 - masculine, feminine, and neuter) and case in one specific form. There were other variants historically but they're not used anymore.

Polish: 17 forms. Depends on gender (3), case for all forms. Pretty much all these forms occur in regular speech (6-11 less often than the others)

Hhahaha good comparison :megalol:

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

It's my native language and I'm still totally lost when trying to understand its grammar. However you don't need to know how grammar works to speak correctly. Just practice, practice and practice, and let others correct you when you make mistakes.

To all who are trying to speak Polish - admiration and respect :)

tail# 44 or 444