Super Taurus Throttle Updates?

wilbur81

Hey, Gents. I've been thinking about grabbing the Super Taurus throttle. Any of you that have had yours (I'm not interested in the stick) for a while now have good/bad to say about the quality and how it's holding up over time?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

• wilbur81 changed the title to Super Taurus Throttle Updates?

Had mine since June last year without an issue. Still as good as the day I unpacked it.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

12 hours ago, MustangSally said:

Had mine since June last year without an issue. Still as good as the day I unpacked it.

Nice... good to hear. Are you a "finger-lifter" or a "pusher" when it it comes to engaging the AB, just out of curiosity? And... did you have any trouble getting the AB detent to match DCS's AB engagement range accurately? Thanks!

28 minutes ago, wilbur81 said:

Nice... good to hear. Are you a "finger-lifter" or a "pusher" when it it comes to engaging the AB, just out of curiosity? And... did you have any trouble getting the AB detent to match DCS's AB engagement range accurately? Thanks!

Push them through. Do a search in here for Afterburner calibration....I created a 'How To'

Just remember that the throttle is calibrated from idle to max (thru the A/B stop)

The afterburner is calibrated from idle to the A/B stop

Edited by MustangSally
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MustangSally said:

Push them through. Do a search in here for Afterburner calibration....I created a 'How To'

Just remember that the throttle is calibrated from idle to max (thru the A/B stop)

The afterburner is calibrated from idle to the A/B stop

And if you follow these directions properly the A/B engagement will be dead on (at least it is with my Orion).

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2021 at 3:28 AM, MustangSally said:

Hey, Mustang....

Sorry for the additional inquiries 🙂 Question about the thumb and TDC 4-ways with button press: Do you find that the button presses on those is positive without engaging one of the other directions of the Hat unintentionally? In other words, when utilizing the down press, do you get a bunch of unintentional inputs on any of the 4-ways?

Edited by wilbur81

5 hours ago, wilbur81 said:

Hey, Mustang....

Sorry for the additional inquiries 🙂 Question about the thumb and TDC 4-ways with button press: Do you find that the button presses on those is positive without engaging one of the other directions of the Hat unintentionally? In other words, when utilizing the down press, do you get a bunch of unintentional inputs on any of the 4-ways?

no issue with the tdc slew, its in a good position so there is little chance of moving it when pressing down.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, wilbur81 said:

Hey, Mustang....

No problems at all

Mine is new, having only arrived a few days ago. I agree with the above, pressing it and accidentally slewing isn't an issue for me either on either the throttle TDC or the Recce button/hat.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.