Maybe it's time to fix this maybe kind of ?

NOVEMBER 2020 :

Please don´t go `It´s ED` , because it´s ONLY with YOUR weird bugridden since forever AIM54 . And the FC3 aircraft have been around LONG before your module.  
AND this is NOT the first time your magic `super amraam` give NO warning in TWS !!!"!
Yes i am extremely annoyed, this stuff just keep piling on and piling on. 

And i can only find a SINGLE thread on sub-section about this by a person which i believe doesn't even fly the F14 . 
All F14 owners just echo chambering here only being vocal about wanting more (?!) range for their MK60's , but keeping totally quiet about serious **** like this. 

Edited by Csgo GE oh yeah
  • Like 2

You know people react better to posts where there are points put across in a calm and respectable manner, don’t you?

Going all critical mass is just going to lead to you being regarded somewhat less than favourably.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Oh, is it that time of the month again, where you feel the need to spam every 54 thread and go on your crusade. 

Might look up if there is something pharmaceutical which would help thrue this difficult week. 

P. S. : just spamming, learned from the best. 

• Like 3

Regardless of how he said it, the fact is I still want this bug to be fixed (I hope everybody does too) hence I very much agree with the OP's intentions. It's been a couple of months since this bug was reported and acknowledged by Heatblur so it would be nice to get a fix sometime soon. 

• Like 2

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

All this time and you don`t learn how to defeat a phoenix?  

ATM phoenix is one of most easily missiles to defeat by notching in DCS, I play on pvp servers regularly and do not remember having died for any Phoenix without RWR warning (Not that the problem does not exist) but rather that it seems that you want to find an excuse for your inability to learn how to defeat an airplane full of weaknesses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And good luck 'notching' an active phoenix that does not give an RWR warning rofl 😄 
What an absolute legend this guy, he can simply 'sense' where the missile is to the degree. 

Going through the few threads you posted they all seem to be about you wanting the 54 to have more range by the way. I 'sense' you are a little biased like 90% of people in this subforum. 

above is all @katsu btw

14 minutes ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

And good luck 'notching' an active phoenix that does not give an RWR warning rofl 😄 
What an absolute legend this guy, he can simply 'sense' where the missile is to the degree. 

Going through the few threads you posted they all seem to be about you wanting the 54 to have more range by the way. I 'sense' you are a little biased like 90% of people in this subforum. 

above is all @katsu btw

Just had a quick flick through of the thread you linked, specifically to look at responses from the developers.

They seem to state - many times I might add - that the issue that you have pains with is ED’s to fix, not HB’s.

Are you not screaming at the wrong people? Not that screaming works btw, intelligent adult dialogue is the more productive way to conduct yourself.

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Hey CSGO,

I'll be rather frank for a moment; but we're not really aware of any such issues - at least not any that can be triggered consistently or frequently, and aren't a result of standard net code interpolation desync. I'd appreciate it if you can point to really concrete tracks, or better; videos we can look at. Thanks!

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

24 minutes ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

Read my first post please. 

So, because I disagree with you, I shouldn’t post? Only those who pat you on the back and say “good boy” need apply?

:clap_2:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cobra847 said:

Hey CSGO,

I'll be rather frank for a moment; but we're not really aware of any such issues- at least not any that can be triggered consistently and aren't a result of standard netcode interpolation desync. I'd appreciate it if you can point to really concrete tracks or examples we can look at. Thanks!

You are not aware of the aim54 not giving an RWR warning to FC3 aircraft ? (see attachment) 
That is worrying, so it's good that somebody mentions this in THIS subforum every now and then i guess. 

About the plethora of other issues causing the F14 to be banned from comp. play (again) :

I wonder when you design a module, do you not know the limitations of the engine you are designing it for ? 
Let's say i want to make a module, that shoots missiles at mach 24. 
Can i just make such a module and then turn around and say "ED please fix" when it is apparent i've created something that the game engine can not handle ?

Now look i don't know how this research works, so it's an honest question.
Is it not normal to research if what you want, actually fits the parameters of the game ?
So in short: Was this desync issue not forseeable ?

As for the other current problems mentioned in the SATAL thread (see bottom attachment) , i'm only reading about them for the first time. I have learned though that this F14 subforum is NOT the place to be looking for problems that are beneficial to the F14, which is not good . 

aware.JPG

satal.JPG

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

You are not aware of the aim54 not giving an RWR warning to FC3 aircraft ? (see attachment) 
That is worrying, so it's good that somebody mentions this in THIS subforum every now and then i guess. 

About the plethora of other issues causing the F14 to be banned from comp. play (again) :

I wonder when you design a module, do you not know the limitations of the engine you are designing it for ? 
Let's say i want to make a module, that shoots missiles at mach 24. 
Can i just make such a module and then turn around and say "ED please fix" when it is apparent i've created something that the game engine can not handle ?

Now look i don't know how this research works, so it's an honest question.
Is it not normal to research if what you want, actually fits the parameters of the game ?
So in short: Was this desync issue not forseeable ?

As for the other current problems mentioned in the SATAL thread (see bottom attachment) , i'm only reading about them for the first time. I have learned though that this F14 subforum is NOT the place to be looking for problems that are beneficial to the F14, which is not good . 

aware.JPG

satal.JPG

Thanks for your reply!

FWIW; per that thread and as noted in the past, we're not really able to reproduce these issues in a consistent or even conclusive manner. We've heard of them happening, yes, but we currently do not see any large scale systemic bug, especially after investigating our code. We're not shifting blame if there is an issue, we are being transparent as to where we can investigate. We cannot influence netcode in DCS, we can only help assist the ED team in solving any issues that may exist. This does not discount an issue existing, alas we need to have appropriate insight into the issue, if it exists, to fix it ourselves or empower our partners to do so in DCS itself.

I will repeat my request to, again, please make a new post with videos and other reproduction steps to help us. We continually maintain a healthy dialogue with our partners at ED; and if we can point to concrete remediation steps, we will absolutely do so and with great urgency.

Right now we're working on other issues that we know exist and can solve, and not this consistently horrendous issue which, in fact, cannot be concretely evidenced to exist.

Thanks!

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 3

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

29 minutes ago, Cobra847 said:

Thanks for your reply!

FWIW; per that thread and as noted in the past, we're not really able to reproduce these issues in a consistent or even conclusive manner. We've heard of them happening, yes, but we currently do not see any large scale systemic bug, especially after investigating our code. We're not shifting blame if there is an issue, we are being transparent. We cannot influence netcode in DCS, we can only help assist the ED team in solving any issues that may exist. This does not discount an issue existing, alas we need to be able to make the issue appropriately visible through reproduction before we can fix anything.

I will repeat my request to, again, please make a new post with videos and other reproduction steps to help us. We continually maintain a healthy dialogue with our partners at ED; and if we can point to concrete remediation steps, we will absolutely do so and with great urgency.

Right now we're working on concrete issues that we know exist and can solve, and not this consistently horrendous issue which, in fact, cannot be concretely evidenced to exist.

Thanks!

Here's a track of my issue, the aim54 lock shows up correctly on the fa18 rwr for example, but the same doesn't show up on the f14 rwr as you will see.

When a aim120 is fired at my f14 everything shows up on the rwr as it should.

norwr.trk

Edit:

Just tested with the su27 and the aim54 doesn't show up either.

norwr2.trk

Edited by notproplayer3

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

55 minutes ago, notproplayer3 said:

Here's a track of my issue, the aim54 lock shows up correctly on the fa18 rwr for example, but the same doesn't show up on the f14 rwr as you will see.

When a aim120 is fired at my f14 everything shows up on the rwr as it should.

norwr.trk 67.48 kB · 1 download

Edit:

Just tested with the su27 and the aim54 doesn't show up either.

norwr2.trk 56.88 kB · 1 download

Thank you, we will look into these.

• Like 3

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

9 hours ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

above is all @katsu btw

Dude, seriouslly...  all this "super ammram" talk just shows that you don't know what you're saying, in the video I'm going to show you that the phoenix bug isn't the only one in the game, so what you say about this one? I've never heard anything about tactics to destroy air-to-air missiles, and DCS right now is that way.

And another thing, Tomcats are never majority on pvp servers and I honestly do not believe that some tomcat driver spends the whole game searching for you,  to make the game unplayable for you because there is a bug that may happen or not (unlike the bug of radars tracking other missiles)

About Phoenix capabilities or Tomcat BIAS i believe in Heatblur work that they spent years researching with their SME`s, if you have something that prove that phoenix work like a straight line rocket please share with them, we "customers" only want the most realistic thing if is OP or not is not HB or our falt, but they cant do  a plane exclusively to please you "The F-14 CSGO Edition" armed with clubs and forks on the wings and a airsoft gun to dont hurt you.

Edited by Katsu
  • Like 3

Yeah, last time I checked, if you're waiting for a missile warning to start turning, you're already dead. It doesn't matter what that missile is, the time between the warning and you becoming a pretty meteor shower is measured in seconds, and let's not forget that there are several missiles that don't give a warning at all.

The key to dodging missiles in DCS is the same as dodging torpedoes in World of Warships, you have to be proactive, not reactive. Your radar has quite the angle to it, so you can make aggressive notches towards the target while still keeping him lit up. Jester makes it easy in the Tomcat, and the Eagle has no issues in this regard (being FC3), some aircraft require you to fiddle with the radar controls, but other than that, you should be able to maintain TWS or STT while remaining aggressive towards your target.

The only time it's appropriate to wait for a MLW (Missile Launch Warning) is if you're being attacked by a radar guided SAM since that means their track radar has a solution, and a missile may soon be on the way and now is the time to start working to evade it. But when it comes to counter Tomcat and the Phoenix, it's simple: keep changing your speed and heading while keeping the Tomcat in your radar scope, and if he's not doing the same, your missile will hit him, and knock him out, and the missile will go semi-stupid as it's no longer receiving updates before going pitbull.

• Like 3

Can someone yeet this guy from the forum already? This is borderline mental disability at this point.

EDIT: As for the Flanker, the SPO-15 is technically very limited and might not even detect an active Phoenix IRL. It also works nothing like described in the manual or by former Flanker pilots. FC3 can not be held to the same standard as FF modules. And defending only upon receiving a launch warning is just.....what are you doing.

Edited by Skysurfer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Skysurfer said:

Can someone yeet this guy from the forum already? This is borderline mental disability at this point.

EDIT: As for the Flanker, the SPO-15 is technically very limited and might not even detect an active Phoenix IRL. It also works nothing like described in the manual or by former Flanker pilots. FC3 can not be held to the same standard as FF modules. And defending only upon receiving a launch warning is just.....what are you doing.

I remember reading somewhere that the SPO has a 30° azimuth detection limit from the aircrafts ADL on nearly all aircraft it is on, meaning that it won't detect a Phoenix or AMRAAM in its terminal phase of flight. Though I'd love for someone to quickly correct me on my foggy and rather lazy research! 

• Like 1

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

2 hours ago, Gunslinger22 said:

I remember reading somewhere that the SPO has a 30° azimuth detection limit from the aircrafts ADL on nearly all aircraft it is on, meaning that it won't detect a Phoenix or AMRAAM in its terminal phase of flight. Though I'd love for someone to quickly correct me on my foggy and rather lazy research! 

Sure, there are blindpots, limitations and counter-interference blinking methods with other sensors. in DCS it's usually a 45 deg. cone above and below the aircraft, which if an amraam or phoenix is lofted and de-lofts at the right angle might very well not give any warning.

What do you expect from someone who literally has "CSGO" mentioned in his user name. You'd kinda think these air-quakers would stick to Ace Combat.

• Like 6

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H