Aircraft radar see through buildings and trees

Mad_Shell

While trees and buildings block ground units radars, aircraft radars can see through them. As a helicopter player this makes it basically impossible to hide from jets or break locks by flying NOE behind tree lines or cities. I would consider it a priority bug, as it can severely affect the survivability of helicopters and negatively impact the gameplay.

No track, but Grim Reapers made a video about it, and 100% reproducible:

I get it that it may use more CPU cycles, but I hope it'll be corrected once Vulkan gives more CPU room for it.

• Like 3

On 7/16/2021 at 12:22 AM, Mad_Shell said:

No track, but Grim Reapers made a video about it, and 100% reproducible:

Well, if it's 100% reproducible, why don't you make a track?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

58 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Well, if it's 100% reproducible, why don't you make a track?

This was reported long time ago, let me see if I can find the threads.... I remember uploading tracks, but it wasn't my own thread

It also depends on the map

Edited by Shadow KT
  • Like 1

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• 2 weeks later...

Any fix planned on that? It's really terrible for helicopter players at the moment... just got killed because a missile continued to track me for 15 seconds while I was flying behing a line of trees and it hit the tree I was just behind, killing me in the process...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just got killed by a f5 at night around 1am on the server around 15feet at 30kts, caucasus. too frustrating flying the apache where enemy bots can see and engage you no matter what. flying noe. (rage quitted)
i keep getting killed they can also lock you at 0~1ft (was also hidden behind trees)  screen shot taken 2 days ago. has been happening since ages.

Screen_230601_190452.png

Edited by AirSenpai
  • Like 2