Andersen AFB Parking spots 150 onwards not for heavy jets?

gulredrel

Hello,

I wanted to place tankers at Andersen AFB Parking spots 150 onwards but they are not in selection?

N 13°35'1.79"   E 144°54'58.52"

Andersen AFB Parking spots 150+

Is this intended or bug? On google earth pictures looks like heavy jets parking there.

Regards

Jens

Edited by gulredrel
typo corrected

Personally, if they allow the AI to use the start from ground and ground hot, like we can with player aircraft, we can do without the parking slots completely, which will solve this kind of issue for good.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

Personally, if they allow the AI to use the start from ground and ground hot, like we can with player aircraft, we can do without the parking slots completely, which will solve this kind of issue for good.

The problem with that idea is the AI will not know the taxi route if they are not started from an assigned parking space. It certainly is not worth the programming effort to enable the ability for AI to calculate an appropriate taxi route from any spot on the ground.

• Like 2

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

3 minutes ago, pmiceli said:

The problem with that idea is the AI will not know the taxi route if they are not started from an assigned parking space. It certainly is not worth the programming effort to enable the ability for AI to calculate an appropriate taxi route from any spot on the ground.

You could even use taxi waypoints the player defines.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

4 minutes ago, pmiceli said:

That's my guess too, so it's more important for the existing parking spots to work for the size of aircraft that should fit in, so they can use the defined taxi route from that exact spot.

Edit after parallel post:

The taxi waypoint would add a new complexity which can be avoided by setting up parking spaces for corresponding aircraft.

Edited by gulredrel
  • Like 2

• gulredrel changed the title to Andersen AFB Parking spots 150 onwards not for heavy jets?