Huey skins

stuart666

Some years ago I created some skins for the Huey, and for whatever reason, I never released them. I decided to get into skinning again and decided to look at them and maybe up them, and found now when I import them into the game they have a wierd blockiness to them, like those Ukrainian digital camo. I also noticed look at textures on the user downloads section that at least one person claims to find some of the uploaded textures broken in the same way.

I guess what im asking is, has anyone else noticed this with skins? I had thought it was my methodology of working, but I exported skins to the Mi24 with no problem. So is there something broken with the Huey since 2.7?

Thank you for that.  Well I tried that, and its had exactly the same effect as before in modelviewer when I put in diffuse or whatever description in the relevant section. It looks like this.

2021-07-16.png

I understand whats causing the light green to do that, I can fix that by referencing the relevant textures. What I dont understand is why its doing the main textures like this. Ive imported into the game in exactly the same way Im doing  with skins for the Mil24, but these dont work, and the ones for the Mil24 do.

The embedded file full description.lua will not work for you!

It can be helpful for you what needs to be adjusted.

You have a lot of errors in the log, do you use BMP textures instead of DDS format?

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

When you say "some years ago" I don't know how long ago that might be, but maybe check my comment below, even though it, too, is a few years old. HTH

On 12/30/2018 at 7:50 AM, ams999 said:

To me, it happened after the last update as the structure of the luas seems to have changed a little:

1. look for texture files called *.bmp.dds or *.tga.dds and rename them to *.dds

2. in the description.lua then rename anything referring to "*.bmp" (or *.tga) by removing the '.bmp/tga'

This fixed the problem in my case.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

21 hours ago, petsild said:

The embedded file full description.lua will not work for you!

It can be helpful for you what needs to be adjusted.

You have a lot of errors in the log, do you use BMP textures instead of DDS format?

Well I figured it might be because I did them wrong originally. So I went and downloaded the texture map in the forum, exported it correctly and.... ended up with exactly the same problem.

Ive used an identical technique and just made a hind skin, and absolutely no problems at all. I THINK its a description problem, but I look in the description of the skins that ship with the sim, and they look identical.

So, has anyone got any ideas what might be causing it? These were working absolutely fine previous to 2.5.

16 hours ago, ams999 said:

When you say "some years ago" I don't know how long ago that might be, but maybe check my comment below, even though it, too, is a few years old. HTH

Ok, Ill give that a go and see if it works.