Infantry Can Embark to Helicopters but Not Ground Vehicles

YarTheBug

Hello all,

I've been trying to get 1x Infantry AK-74 Rus into a 1x BMP-1 and not having any luck. (Ideally it would be more, but I'm trying to eliminate as many possible variables as I can)

In several tutorials I've seen soldiers being embarked/disembarked from Helos (which I've gotten to work), and I see "Perform Task -> Embarking" available on several IFVs, APCs, Trucks, and the like. I can even set it up in ME the same as a Helo.

The problem is when I run the mission the Transport stops at the embark location, the soldiers walk over and ad stand next to it, hours pass, the IFV paintjob is admired by the soldiers, the sun goes down, grass grows, the soldiers families begin to miss them, etc.

I've tried "Transportable" on and off for both units, different ACPs/IFVs/Trucks, and different infantry units and can't get any of them to work.

Is this a bug? Do I need the Combined Arms module to use this function? If I put this mission on a server will every client need CA?

Thanks in advance,

Yar

• 1 month later...

I have also had difficulty trying to embark to ground units, it works inconsistently or gives unexpected behaviour and I can only assume is still being worked on. It would be so nice if there were reliable ways to embark and disembark troops from all forms of transport, and to have the ability in the mission editor to have transports start with troops aboard, to have landing craft like LST's and higgens boats spawn with troops aboard and disembark them on the shore, to have a way of embarking and disembarking troops anywhere on the map during a mission in combined arms (like a command and conquer click the unit, click the transport, they make it so action), to have vehicle crew bail out if a vehicle is hit, so many dreams.

Thank you both for replying.

Just to follow up, I ended up placing the troops at the arrival location and set their start time way later then the mission would end. Then I set a zone "Transport1 Arrive" and a trigger condition:

ONCE (Tranport1 Arrive, NO EVENT)

UNIT INSIDE ZONE (Transport-1-1, Transport1 Arrive) and UNIT'S SPEED BELOW (Transport-1-1,0.05)

GROUP ACTIVATE (Troops-1)

It's really fiddly and I had to set up a separate trigger for individual transport vehicles. I could have just put all the troops in one group and used "PART OF GROUP IN ZONE (...)", but I wanted to incentivize partial destruction of the convoy, and this would spawn a who convoy worth of dudes from just one vehicle.

Hope this help until the work gets completed,

Yar