mission 5 comms

I'm very confused about comms in mission 5: I don't know if I did something wrong here or it is just a bug.

I take off, follow prince until wp3 where we start dogfighting. From what I read I should expect prince telling me to monitor guard, which he never did.

so we enter iranian airspace, I call strike, hear nothing and realize that I'm on channel one, my bad, so I switch to two, and strike warns me to monitor guard. When I'm coming back a message tells me to switch to channel 1 (flight) on pri, but I'm still on strike and we are talking there. What am I not seeing here?

I did after strike told me to.

this is the designer note: 

After take-off Prince will tell to ENABLE GUARD. That means enabling monitoring of
guard frequency on all channels (first option in UFC menu on the right), and not switching
to Guard!

So I expect prince to tell me that, whuch again he did not

OK, I've got your point, I finished this nice campaign from quite some time now, I did not pay attention to Prince stuff as the "Guard Freq monitor" is a sort of compulsory behavior for all flying A/C when airborn and the Hornet has this nice feature that you can enable guard monitoring without change the two active Radio settings.

So as a workflow I'm always enabling it as a normal radio setting after start. Did not need Prince to remind that.

3 hours ago, algherghezghez said:

I did after strike told me to.

this is the designer note: 

After take-off Prince will tell to ENABLE GUARD. That means enabling monitoring of
guard frequency on all channels (first option in UFC menu on the right), and not switching
to Guard!

So I expect prince to tell me that, whuch again he did not

It is a standard procedure, so Prince wouldn’t tell you that. This is why I added this note in the briefing to make

sure that it is done. 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 1 month later...

I realized that if I joined formation on Prince's right wing, then it won't trigger "Press Space to tell Prince that you're saddled" part, and no "Remind Prince the cruising speed" nor "Tell him to switch to Strike and AUX and enable Guard" part. But if I form on his left wing, then above text/plot will be triggered. (Or maybe the one time I joined on his right wing I was too slow and missed WP2 before saddled.)

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

• 2 years later...

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I do think there is an error later in the comms. The pop up messages later in the mission say to switch to departure on AUX, which is not something we have in the kneeboard. I switched to departure on PRI and it seemed to work, so that might be what's intended.

Edited by Kreutzberg