OpenTrack Mapping Settings - Please Help

Hi guys,

I am trying to learn some of these complex airplanes but I am trying to do so by using the Monitor and not VR.  Once I am comfortable with mechanics/instructions on the airplane then I will jump back into the VR.

But for now I have Smoothtrack ios App working with Opentrack.  By default it seems to work but I am unable to get the mapping right.  For example it is very challenging to see the controls left or right of the pilot's seat in F-16.  I can't move my head closer so that I can zoom.  I figured it has to do the mapping.  

Things are so fast but not in a smooth way like in VR.  I just want to be able to see the controls when I nudge my face forward to the monitor in small increments.

If anyone can help me on what needs to be done, I will truly appreciate your help.

Thank You

Accela_DCS.png

Neck_DCS.png

Pitch_DCS1.png

Roll_DCS1.png

X_DCS1.png

Y_DCS1.png

Yaw_DCS1.png

Z_DCS1.png

Edited by spacefox

Specs: i7-5820K - 4.4 Ghz OC, 64GB Ram, RTX 2070 Super, Rift S

I'm not familiar with Smoothtrack + OpenTrack (I'm currently using a DIY infrared clip setup + OpenTrack) so I can't help in regards to the translation/zoom issue, but the rotation mappings look a little bit off to me. 60 deg real world rotation for an ingame 180 deg yaw will force you to turn your head a lot. Also I found throwing in some exp gives me finer control when looking more or less ahead and makes clicking switches on the UFC or MFDs way easier.

yaw.JPG

roll.JPG

pitch.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks - Yeah  - this setup is taking way too long for me.  DCS Dev Team should come out with tutorials on this and official settings.

I am unable to enjoy DCS without VR.  

I am really struggling here, I am not able to get the settings I want.

Edited by spacefox

Specs: i7-5820K - 4.4 Ghz OC, 64GB Ram, RTX 2070 Super, Rift S

Well, to be fair there are several commercial solutions plus tons of DIY options for headtracking (both from the software and hardware side of things), so preparing and mantaining official settings wouldn't be so trivial. If the issue is in curves setup, did my screenshots help a lil' bit? If the problem is OpenTrack not detecting movements, maybe contacting Smoothtrack's developer could help.

• Like 1