Mosquito Pre-order?

TWC_SLAG

I can’t find anything about this for the Mosquito.  Enlighten me.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Thanks,  that was what I suspected.

• Like 1

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Razor68 said:

Why do you wan't to preorder? It's not like they are going to run out of digital copies.

Maybe it has to do with the usual pre-order discount, like the 30% of the Mi-24 Hind ?

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

22 hours ago, Razor68 said:

Why do you wan't to preorder? It's not like they are going to run out of digital copies.

No, but it's fun to have your virtual foot in the door and feel like you're part of the effort with your early financing. I guess it builds the anticipation a bit. In short... it's fun.

And the discount is nice. 

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

22 hours ago, Razor68 said:

Aye, the concept of a digital pre-order is a bit strange… It allows the developer to get early cash though, although a bit less per sale.

• Like 3

Yeah......I don't get the mindset of pre-order either,I strongly believe in,once the module is ready,and I mean ready.......then I'll be ready to hand over my hard earned cash.

It also encourages the developer to pull their finger out too.....all the time they have finances coming in there is obviously not the race to release the module.....simples,no brainer.

• Like 3

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, Basco1 said:

Yeah......I don't get the mindset of pre-order either,I strongly believe in,once the module is ready,and I mean ready.......then I'll be ready to hand over my hard earned cash.

That is a perfectly legitimate point of view.

But there is, as stated, the fun factor of "being involved" with a pre-order, having a feeling of expectation, something coming in the mail. That kind of thing. This is a game/sim/hobby after all and having some fun with it is a requirement. Buying a new plane is it's own kind of fun. Getting in on the pre-order, aside from the benefit of the discount, is also it's own kind of fun. 

And fun is truly where it's at since there is a 99.99% chance that 99.99% of us will at one point be sitting at home in our shorts or Sponge Bob pajamas whizzing around in a make believe little plane dropping make believe little bombs onto make believe little trucks. 

2 hours ago, Basco1 said:

It also encourages the developer to pull their finger out too.....all the time they have finances coming in there is obviously not the race to release the module.....simples,no brainer.

There might be something in that, but it also, as sated by Nick Grey, the case that pre-orders help finance the whole scheme of DCS, to the point of where DCS could simply not exist without pre-orders. It seems apparent that pre-orders are important enough to DCS that DCS is willing to knock 30% off the sales price. 

I don't think pre-order finances lead to delays based on a kind of apathy on the part of the developer, I think it allows them the resources to do what they need to do. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Beirut said:

That is a perfectly legitimate point of view.

But there is, as stated, the fun factor of "being involved" with a pre-order, having a feeling of expectation, something coming in the mail. That kind of thing. This is a game/sim/hobby after all and having some fun with it is a requirement. Buying a new plane is it's own kind of fun. Getting in on the pre-order, aside from the benefit of the discount, is also it's own kind of fun. 

And fun is truly where it's at since there is a 99.99% chance that 99.99% of us will at one point be sitting at home in our shorts or Sponge Bob pajamas whizzing around in a make believe little plane dropping make believe little bombs onto make believe little trucks. 

There might be something in that, but it also, as sated by Nick Grey, the case that pre-orders help finance the whole scheme of DCS, to the point of where DCS could simply not exist without pre-orders. It seems apparent that pre-orders are important enough to DCS that DCS is willing to knock 30% off the sales price. 

I don't think pre-order finances lead to delays based on a kind of apathy on the part of the developer, I think it allows them the resources to do what they need to do. 

Yes. I remember Jason Williams from 1C/777 being asked if the team would prefer a reduced price pre-order or someone to pay full price later. He was strongly if favour of up front cash even if it meant individuals were paying less overall. 

The dev’s have to eat, someone has to pay their wages in the meantime. I’m well past the point where I buy everything ED and their partners release, there’s just so much content now, but the WW2 stuff I’m invested in and prepared to support 100%.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2021 at 1:40 AM, Razor68 said:

How do you know that? 😲 🤔

• Like 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

27 minutes ago, 71st_AH Rob said:

... ED has never had a pre order or pre order discount for any WWII module only for modern jets.  I don't think they will start now. 

You are probably right, it is sad ... that's the reason I didn't purchase the Fw-190A8 when it was released on June 2019 ... instead I got it on April 2020 on a 50% Sale.

If the Mosquito gets released at full price, then I will most likely skip it for the time being 😪

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

You are probably right, it is sad ... that's the reason I didn't purchase the Fw-190A8 when it was released on June 2019 ... instead I got it on April 2020 on a 50% Sale.

If the Mosquito gets released at full price, then I will most likely skip it for the time being 
Pretty sure I bought the Jug with a 30% early access discount, so keep your hopes up Eduardo!!!!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, 71st_AH Rob said:

This question come up every time there is a new WWII  module on the horizon, yet ED has never had a pre order or pre order discount for any WWII module only for modern jets.  

I didn't know that.

I wonder why that's the case?

36 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Pretty sure I bought the Jug with a 30% early access discount, so keep your hopes up Eduardo!!!! emoji1.png

Not so, just checked and the P-47 didnt had any early access discount, but it was discounted 20% in a June 2020 Sale and that's when I purchased her.

Not so, just checked and the P-47 didnt had any early access discount, but it was discounted 20% in a June 2020 Sale and that's when I purchased her.
Really? Okay, that's strange then. I guess I remember incorrectly. Too bad.

• Like 1

This is really strange.
I got curious and checked. My order says 30% discount, USD 34.99 on the 26/10/2020.
What gives???!!!
This was during a sale, because the four other modules in my order was 50%. And I was very sure the P-47 was in EA at the time, so I took the opportunity and snagged it before it left EA.
But I can't be sure of course.

1 minute ago, MAXsenna said:

Really? Okay, that's strange then. I guess I remember incorrectly. Too bad.

Yes .. were any other plane, I would have waited for a better offer on another sale, but the P-47 has a warm spot on my heart, as it was the first post war fighter my country used:

kD1CNuR.jpg

Just now, MAXsenna said:

I got curious and checked. My order says 30% discount, USD 34.99 on the 26/10/2020.
What gives???!!!
This was during a sale, because the four other modules in my order was 50%. And I was very sure the P-47 was in EA at the time, so I took the opportunity and snagged it before it left EA.

OK, I'm sorry for the confusion .. what I meant is that the P-47 didn't had any pre-release discount ... this is not the same as an Early Access discount. For example, the Hind had a 30% discount pre-release, that was reduced to 20% once released and in Early Access.

• Like 1

OK, I'm sorry for the confusion .. what I meant is that the P-47 didn't had any pre-release discount ... this is not the same as an Early Access discount. For example, the Hind had a 30% discount pre-release, that was reduced to 20% once released and in Early Access.
Ahhhh! Right.
Yeah, I don't expect the Mosquito to have a pre-order with a discount if that's not common for warbirds, but I'm hoping for a early access discount.
Cheers!

From the "When will it be released..." Thread

BigNewy give the indication there will be a 30% discount followed by a 20% discount.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/266179-when-will-it-be-released-i-have-been-waiting-for-a-long-time/?do=findComment&comment=4612988

Edited by Hartsblade
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

22 minutes ago, Hartsblade said:

BigNewy give the indication there will be a 30% discount followed by a 20% discount.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/266179-when-will-it-be-released-i-have-been-waiting-for-a-long-time/?do=findComment&comment=4612988

Thanks for the heads-up 👍 I hadn't seen that as I unsubscribed from that thread, it was getting somewhat toxic 🙄

• Like 1

My 2 cents for what it's worth is I can't see a pre-order period at this late stage. If there is going to be one it will likely run for a month or two before the Mosquito release into EA which means no EA release for at least another month or two from now!. I think ED were close to releasing it back in late march (see the 19th March newsletter with the heading title of "The Mossie is Coming") but the external model rework delayed it up until the present time, and there was no hint of a pre-purchase back then.

I think they will probably follow along the lines of the P-47 release, no pre-purchase period, just launch it straight into EA with a possible 30% discount if you buy the module within a certain time limit say 2 or 3 weeks perhaps. After that it may jump to a 20% discount whilst in EA, then go full price once out of EA.

Time will tell though.

Edited by bart
  • Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.