Display Clarity.

Gooseneck

I've been away from DCS for about 5yrs or so.

I celebrated upgrading my computer by purchasing the Harrier.

I've also read the threads about blurred texts on the displays which date back to Jan/Feb, with a threat to delete any new threads on the topic.

Even zoomed in on the game and leaning forward with my trackIR, the text is indistinct and blurred. Even with my pensioner's reading glasses on.

Has there been any progress please?

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Chipwich said:

This is resolved now with the today's OB patch.

it's not... the mpcd font is as unreadable as ever... I think this is not razban related but ED related, because the hornet has the same issue. It's impossible to read HSI page when the map background is activated.

For me, after this latest openbeta update, the fonts are clear as any I've ever seen in DCS and completely readable in VR.  There is an extreme difference in what we had previously.   Using the DCS VR preset and latest Nvidia drivers on a RTX3080 and an HP Reverb G2, the problem is solved.  But as always, YMMV.

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

@jacobs  can you describe your issue and tell if you are a VR or pancake user?

The font itself is readable and the Gain issue is mostly gone. There is still the need to play with the gain, contrast and sym rockers depending on lighting conditions  but I would think that is realistic ...  

My issue currently is a vibration effect that occurs only in the MPCDs of the Harrier. When I use VR zoom or get close to the screen, the vibration is gone and the MPCD looks great, provided that I adjust gain, contras and symbology. I've been testing different AA settings at DCS and NVIDA level and they don't have an impact on the vibration even thought I can see the effects of the AA setting in other parts of the Harrier cockpit/world and in other modules. I'm a VR user / Quest 2

Edit:

41 minutes ago, jacobs said:

I think this is not razban related but ED related, because the hornet has the same issue. It's impossible to read HSI page when the map background is activated.

Ah! Failed to read that....

Most likely is something in you settings... I fly the Hornet too (and the Warthog) and I have no issues with those... 

Edited by Draken35

On 7/22/2021 at 9:29 AM, Chipwich said:

For me, after this latest openbeta update, the fonts are clear as any I've ever seen in DCS and completely readable in VR.  There is an extreme difference in what we had previously.   Using the DCS VR preset and latest Nvidia drivers on a RTX3080 and an HP Reverb G2, the problem is solved.  But as always, YMMV.

This is my experience now too. Zoomed out, yes still unreadable, but most MFDs are. Zoomed in is much much better with this latest release! 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.