Does DEKA have to just do Chinese Aircraft?

Hodo

Perhaps they could expand to some other airforces.  Like the Indian Airforce.  We have the Pakistani-Chinese JF-17 perhaps we can get a Indian MiG-29 or a Mirage 2000, or even the Su-30MKI?

• Thanks 1

They mentioned their MKK EFM could be adapted for the MKI. The company that does the MKI cockpit simulator is based in Singapore so it might be doable. It’s really what they decide they want to do.

14 hours ago, Hodo said:

Perhaps they could expand to some other airforces.  Like the Indian Airforce.  We have the Pakistani-Chinese JF-17 perhaps we can get a Indian MiG-29 or a Mirage 2000, or even the Su-30MKI?

In short, yes, they have said this many times. They only do Chinese designed or operated aircrafts.
Also, please stop making new thread to ask the same question that had been asked so many times in the past. You may get banned for this. Just a suggestion.

Edited by PLAAF
  • Like 4

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

They are invaluable in bringing China assets to DCS. I would be grateful if they could work on China assets professionally for as long as they want.

• Like 5

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

On 7/10/2021 at 3:38 AM, PLAAF said:

In short, yes, they have said this many times. They only do Chinese designed or operated aircrafts.
Also, please stop making new thread to ask the same question that had been asked so many times in the past. You may get banned for this. Just a suggestion.

They could say something in a stickied post.  Plans.... Goals.. or intentions.  

Just a suggestion.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, uboats said:

it's good to start from that (i.e. jf-17), but we are also open to western aircraft.

Really? You changed your MO?
That's interesting.
I still prefer a Chinese plane. There is way too many western aircrafts in DCS already, but not enough Chinese or Russian ones.
But if you are going to make a western plane, any chance to make F-86K? Since someone is making MiG-17F.

Edited by PLAAF
  • Like 3

qLjvyQ3.png

On 7/13/2021 at 8:10 AM, uboats said:

it's good to start from that (i.e. jf-17), but we are also open to western aircraft.

Wow... just please NO. Deka is almost the only dev we can look forward to for getting something different. We already have an ocean of existing and upcoming western aircraft from everyone. Are there western aircraft I'm looking forward to? Yes, many. But I'd still be disappointed if the next deka aircraft isn't something different like JF-17 was.

• Like 8

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

10 hours ago, WinterH said:

Wow... just please NO. Deka is almost the only dev we can look forward to for getting something different. We already have an ocean of existing and upcoming western aircraft from everyone. Are there western aircraft I'm looking forward to? Yes, many. But I'd still be disappointed if the next deka aircraft isn't something different like JF-17 was.

I agree, please prioritise Chinese like you guys always do.
J-7G will be a lovely addition for DCS.

• Like 3

qLjvyQ3.png

Unless Deka is making the F-4 Phantom II then I am also a no for other western aircraft.  Perhaps the Jaguar.  As it saw service all over the world.  

But my top five in no particular order.

-SEPECAT Jaguar.

- F-4 Phantom II.

- J-10/F-10 Vigorous Dragon.

- J-8 

- Su-17.

These would all be great additions and easily find a place in DCS.

12 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

J-7E or any J-7 would be a must-have for me!

You probably don't know this. But J-7G is basically a J-7E with a doppler pulse search radar. J-7E itself only has a ranging radar.

Therefore, it's better if we lobby for J-7G. It is better all around.

qLjvyQ3.png

I know they have said they don't find it very interesting, but I still think a Q-5 would be very neat (then again, I'm an a2g guy at heart). Some Su-17 variant, or even a -25, would be great as well.

But yeah given that there are plenty of other devs doing Western stuff, I'd rather Deka keep doing their unique thing as well. The only exception might be perhaps a Mirage 3/5, since between South America operators, Pakistan etc it's not really a full on bluefor jet anyway - like the JF-17 actually.

Edited by TLTeo
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, PLAAF said:

You probably don't know this. But J-7G is basically a J-7E with a doppler pulse search radar. J-7E itself only has a ranging radar.

Therefore, it's better if we lobby for J-7G. It is better all around.

I did not know that. I hope we get the more popular and massively produced variant.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, IcedVenom said:

I did not know that. I hope we get the more popular and massively produced variant.

Here, this is what my friend wrote a while back. Please have a look.
I will ask him to write a more detailed thread once he is free.

qLjvyQ3.png

2 hours ago, PLAAF said:

Here, this is what my friend wrote a while back. Please have a look.
I will ask him to write a more detailed thread once he is free.

I would rather have Deka make their own J-7 module and include Chinese missiles than other developers adding Chinese missiles for their planes. MiG-19P does not need new missiles because it never used anything else. One day we may get a MiG-19S module which could have Chinese skins attached or though bazar though. I hope they can see our desire for a J-7 module.

1 hour ago, IcedVenom said:

I would rather have Deka make their own J-7 module and include Chinese missiles than other developers adding Chinese missiles for their planes. MiG-19P does not need new missiles because it never used anything else. One day we may get a MiG-19S module which could have Chinese skins attached or though bazar though. I hope they can see our desire for a J-7 module.

no, dude. read that particular post about the J-7 variants, not the first post.

Edited by PLAAF

qLjvyQ3.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'd suspect many speak the lingua franca necessary for good Chinese translations of technical documents and the like. While it certainly doesn't paint them into a corner in terms of what they can and can't do, they also have a very nice tool in their warchest because of that. I'd encourage them to do more Chinese aircraft because of that reason, but I wouldn't turn away non-Chinese or even Western aircraft from them if the JF-17 was anything to go by.

• Like 3

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• 3 weeks later...