mi 24 shturm range

Where  I can see shturm missile range,I dont know if I m in range or not for pilot position asking?Can someone explain this two lamps on hud ? Where can I see how many shturm missiles I have or rockets or cannon ammo?                    

Edited by zoranin73

Images hopefully spoiled for those with poor internet.

• In range for Shturm 
Spoiler

21fa431b60a496f990f4829449eb65e5.jpg

The only way to know if you're in range to use the ATGM is via the observers sight.  There is a scaling imaging system built into the left side of the glass.  When at full zoom you can use it to judge the range of a vehicle.  It is not a precise instrument.  There is no laser.  There is no way for the Hind itself to 100% know it is in range as it comes closer to a target.  This is a skill that is gained through repeated use of the observers periscope, and practice.  If you are piloting the helicopter and Petrovich is your observer then he does give a notice in the top right of your screen with text to tell you that you are in range.  Bear in mind that if you're coming into range and are sure you were outside of max range he has a +-300 meter error on the callout.  So you may want to wait a moment before immediately rifling off the missile.

Some considerations with the sights ranging system is that the higher you are the harder it is to judge range, its a system designed to put the target as flatly into its confines as possible.  The reality of the matter though is that you will rapidly gain a sight picture after just a few uses of the system and be able to judge range fairly well without it.  Alternatively, if you know a certain landmark is a certain distance from your target you can use it as a fly over point with a defined distance, but that requires good knowledge of the area and preplanning. 

• The two lamps on the hud
Spoiler

b621c562c9069981c5e90b8725a29fa3.png

I can only assume you mean these two lights.  I forget off the top of my head for the left one, but it has something to do with the radalt range finding system.  The yellow light is a warning to you that the periscopes doors are open and the camera is uncaged.  If that light is on you should limit your turning, as you can quite easily damage the gyros in the periscope.

• Remaining ATGMs

Keep count.  As a pilot with Petrovich you have no way of knowing beyond knowing how many you took off with, and how many you've fired.  As an observer you could open the DIAFR switch up to allow off angle launches then cycle through your missile pylons.  Each tone being a live missile ready to be fired.  Might want to warn your pilot first, as it may confuse them as to why they are suddenly being beeped at in rapid succession.

• Remaining Rocket Ammo

I believe the same is true for the rockets.  There may be a light that pops up on your weapon control panel to show when they are empty, but I can't seem to get it to do so at the moment.  Consider this when using your rockets.  The way I tend to personally approach it is that my rocket pods are a single attack.  Fire all of them and do not return to try sprinkling for more hope.  The only time I use single or low shot counts is for practicing attacks or smoke rocket spotting.

• Remaining Cannon Ammo
Spoiler

d3401cdca358f7a37b22e815701b9c94.jpg

Thankfully the same is not true for the 30mm cannon, 12.7mm/7.62mm gun pod, or 30mm grenade pods.  Their ammo counts can all be found just forward of your electronics dc power box on the right side of the cockpit.  Underneath where the door closes.  Not the best place to be checking for ammo amounts, but it's serviceable. 

Edited by Fenin
  • Thanks 1