It's inconvenient and not that intuitive at times

44 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

The TAC-300 manual has a list of DDI codes. The version I have is a slightly older publication (2001) for a mid-2000s Hornet, but pretty much the only things missing from it are the 9X, GBU-38, GBU-32, and ATFLIR.

TAC-300 manual...free download link please?

My monitor replacement fundraiser...PayPal mech.driver@rogers.com

Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2021 at 8:44 PM, Swiftwin9s said:

The proper way to fix something like you describe would be to assign the TDC to the HUD and slew the TD onto the desired target. Unfortunately ED still havent fixed the hornets HUD cursor speed.

Even then the HUD symbology automatically enters AUTO mode (CCRP). Btw it remains CCIP in the storage program of course.

On 7/28/2021 at 12:47 PM, Recluse said:

I have not had to Undesignate the target. Just switch AUTO back to CCIP on the Stores page. Whether correct or not, it allows reversion to CCIP pipper with the target diamond available for reference.

This also allows Visual bombing of another target near the designation point if you happen to see something else that needs bombing, or if your designation was a little off and you need to adjust the CCIP aimpoint as you get closer.

Whenever I did that (switching back to CCIP by re-confirming CCIP mode in the storage program, the designated point gets lost and HUD, the target symbol in the HSI and the TGP jump elsewhere. The TGP actually remains on my desired target in case it wasn't SOI the moment I reaffirm CCIP, yet it shows data of some other location and therefore a wrong distance.

Edit: I just noted it works fine when I first designate my target, THEN activate A-G mode. If the A-G mode is active already while designating, the TGP returns into snowplow when I reaffirm CCIP.

While having the CCIP cancelled for AUTO is mentioned on page 216, I have yet to find a confirmation that the TGP, HSI and HUD follow the CCIP impact cross.

Edited by Rongor

1 hour ago, Rongor said:

Edit: I just noted it works fine when I first designate my target, THEN activate A-G mode. If the A-G mode is active already while designating, the TGP returns into snowplow when I reaffirm CCIP.

Not my experience. See the little video below I just made.

AG MODE - > Mk 82 to CCIP ->FLIR UP -> WPDESG ->MK82 goes to AUTO --> Switch back to CCIP -> Zooming in to show FLIR still has target. ->Switch to AUTO -> Switch Back to CCIP.

This is the way I do it all the time if I need to switch from AUTO back to CCIP

Hmmm I suppose in this case it was the WP Designation not the FLIR designation keeping the target, but I have done it after moving the FLIR and re-designating. I just tried it again using only FLIR VVSLV to designate a target. Same process works as in the video above.

Edited by Recluse

1 hour ago, Recluse said:

Not my experience. See the little video below I just made.

AG MODE - > Mk 82 to CCIP ->FLIR UP -> WPDESG ->MK82 to CCIP -> Zooming in to show FLIR still has target. ->Switch to AUTO -> Switch Back to CCIP.

This is the way I do it all the time if I need to switch from AUTO back to CCIP

Thanks for the video man. As I can see you do designate a selected waypoint/mark point. Try that again without a point, only with a TDC designation.

Posted (edited)

In this video you can see:

1. HUD is active SOI

2. TDC depress over that airfield

3. symbology switches to CCRP (AUTO)

4. I reaffirm CCIP in the stores

5. HUD and TGP switch to a moving target in 3 NM distance. It's the CCIP.

I recorded cropped in 1080 resolution, as DCS is running on 4k and recording the whole screen would have caused a slideshow and a cockpit barely readable...

Edited by Rongor

I tried every way possible:

Designate a spot on the ground using FLIR by SLEW and TDC Depress

VVSLV lock on the FLIR

TDC in the HUD and designation.

Slew the FLIR onto a different target. (not shown in this video)

Everything works exactly the same for me. Designation remains as MODE cycles between AUTO and CCIP

Sorry.. the video is in slo-mo I always forget that ALT-Z to invoke GeForce Experience for recording is the same as the time decrease!

Please post a .TRK of what you are seeing and maybe we can figure it out.

9 minutes ago, Rongor said:

In this video you can see:

1. HUD is active SOI

2. TDC depress over that airfield

3. symbology switches to CCRP (AUTO)

4. I reaffirm CCIP in the stores

5. HUD and TGP switch to a moving target in 3 NM distance. It's the CCIP.

I recorded cropped in 1080 resolution, as DCS is running on 4k and recording the whole screen would have caused a slideshow and a cockpit barely readable...

Well that is strange. I don't know what is going on there. It did not happen to me no matter what I tried. Never seen a designation jump like that.

2 hours ago, Recluse said:

Well that is strange. I don't know what is going on there. It did not happen to me no matter what I tried. Never seen a designation jump like that.

Same here. I can switch between AUTO and CCIP without loosing a designation.