MongoosT-50CM3 as collective?

default762792

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of upgrading from my trusty but now-on-its-last-legs CH Pro Throttle and the VirPil MongoosT-50CM3 is very appealing to me. I use peripherals exclusively for DCS, and fly a variety of aircraft, both fixed and rotary-wing. My question is this - the VirPil throttle will obviously be excellent for twin-engine jet aircraft, and I fly a number of those, but I'm wondering if there's any reason it wouldn't work fine (or at least as well as any other throttle) as a collective for the Hind, Gazelle, etc., as I've been using the CH? Specifically, would the interchangeable and adjustable detents hurt or help or be irrelevant when using the device as a collective? I hope this makes at least a little sense and thanks for reading!

• Like 1

I don't have the MongoosT-50CM3 so can't speak to it directly.

I do have the TM Warthog HOTAS and use the throttle for all of the DCS helos.  The lower idle stop (the one you have to lift over) doesn't come into play and all choppers idle well here.  I do have the "push through" mod for the upper/AB detent.  This is about 75 -80% collective, so you have to push through it to get to 100% collective.  I can do that without much issue.  It can be bothersome IF it is in a critical spot of where you are trying to control the helo.  Most times it isn't.

Again, not a one-to-one comparison, but hopefully it provides some useful input.

• Like 1

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

I use my Virpil Throttle v1 for jets, warbirds and helicopters and it works brilliantly.

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.