rotor removal from cockpit in VR

Gryzor

Please make possible to disable rotor viewing from cockpit. Specially awful for VR users with motion smoothing enabled!!! or at least, make the same type of rotor 2WW planes technology, which impressed to me.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

While most helicopters in DCS so far have been rather undemanding, the Hind's rotor is I think it's biggest FPS killer. It definitely needs some optimizations. So while I wouldn't like to see it removed, I think it does need optimizing. In fact the whole module is very demanding and could use some optimizations for more FPS. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 4

Specs: Win10, i9-9900KF@5Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

as far as I can see no issues on my end G2 no wash out or wobble effect. unless you have an underwhelming computer; then I would suggest turn your settings down?

" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " WF.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Sir Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," WC, GBS.

"Asus X Maximus X AC WiFi z370 ||i9x9900k||ddr4-32gb PC4000||RTX 3080Ti-12gb||EVGA SN 1300 G2 ||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|MFG CrossWinds||Virpil TCM50x2 Throttle||EVGA RGB z10 / Trqx10|| Reverb-G2-VR @ 3472x 3388 90hrz

WW2 prop technology is already wishlisted (I suppose ED has some internal wishlist of their own), so the technology may be used for helicopters rotors someday in the future too.

Helicopters don't fly, they just subdue the air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the biggest advantage of this would be not having to see the weird 'wobble' of the blades as they go past - all following different paths and just looking super-strange! You can also see the angle of each blade changing rapidly as well as it goes past - interesting aerodynamics indeed! If you had tracking that bad on a RL helicopter it would last all of 10 seconds before exploding.

You should be able to look at the rotor disc and see just that - a disc of blades all following the same path.

Yes obviously this disc 'moves' to provide thrust in required direction/flap to equality etc etc....but they all still 'track' the same past a point! Have carried out a lot of ground and in-flight blade tracking on various choppers.

Interestingly this makes tracking 5-bladed MD500's (and other 4+ bladed choppers) a lot harder than the 4-bladed as a blade can drop into the wake of the blade in front of it and show as tracking while on ground/hovering, however when you sharply manoeuvre it will drop the 'tow' and then stick out like a sore thumb doing it's own thing....like the DCS Hind with all blades at all times lol.

Edited by VampireNZ
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 12:55 PM, Lovcar said:

‎Guys,rtx 3090 solves everything‎)

Good luck with current availability and prices.

Gotta be rich if you can find one.

ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth MoBo  -  AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @1866 MHZ  -  EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5
Game drive, Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD  -  Win10 Pro 21H1 on Samsung 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD

Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X  -  LG 32" 1920 X 1080 Monitor - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

On 7/18/2021 at 7:55 AM, Lovcar said:

Парни,rtx 3090 всёрешает)

нет

6800XT here - individual blade wobble and epically bad tracking still very evident.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]