More noob questions

Gunfreak

I think I've ended up with going for the super libra/taturus combo. 

But is the only difference between the to "none advanced " the stick extender? 

I'm probably gonna fly the F18/F16 equally. The non extended matches F16 the best. How easy is it to remove the extender?

The extender also matches the warbirds a little better. 

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

The extender would be a pain to remove and add all the time, if you really want the experience get a TM adapter and get the F16 grip.

Remove the extender as a whole with the 18 grip and put the 16 grip on in its place.

Problem then is you'd need to change the height of the stick on the mount too.

In my opinion changing all that is too much stuffing around so I personally wouldn't do it, I love flying with the extender it's a lot different but I also know a lot of people swear by the more modern little stick method too.

27 minutes ago, Simm0 said:

The extender would be a pain to remove and add all the time, if you really want the experience get a TM adapter and get the F16 grip.

Remove the extender as a whole with the 18 grip and put the 16 grip on in its place.

Problem then is you'd need to change the height of the stick on the mount too.

In my opinion changing all that is too much stuffing around so I personally wouldn't do it, I love flying with the extender it's a lot different but I also know a lot of people swear by the more modern little stick method too.

I'm used to the little stick, mabye not ad another layer to something already complicated, I need pedals and to learn to use them too. I found it really hard to use rudder pedals when I'm used to stick rudder. 

Edit: does the Winwing sticks even have rudder ability?

Edited by Gunfreak

4 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

I'm used to the little stick, mabye not ad another layer to something already complicated, I need pedals and to learn to use them too. I found it really hard to use rudder pedals when I'm used to stick rudder. 

It's like everything, practice, once you pick your kit spend a heap of time getting used to it in missions designed to exercise those skills. So if you want to go for real rudders do some flying where you need to use them. I personally couldn't live without pedals now but I do a lot of WW2 stuff too where rudders are almost mandatory.

5 minutes ago, Simm0 said:

It's like everything, practice, once you pick your kit spend a heap of time getting used to it in missions designed to exercise those skills. So if you want to go for real rudders do some flying where you need to use them. I personally couldn't live without pedals now but I do a lot of WW2 stuff too where rudders are almost mandatory.

Does the winwing sticks have rudder twist?