Sun and Moon phase indicator

Gun Jam

It would be excellent if sun and moon position were shown when adjusting time and weather. A small graphic would show sun position or moon position relative to horizon. The graphic would also show moon phase depending on the year / date and both moon and sun position relative to horizon would change as time was adjusted. 

• Like 14

Such a feature would be helpful indeed

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Sunrise and sunset times would be good tied in with this also.

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

• 2 weeks later...

+10

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 2 weeks later...

A great idea. Usually in a brief (for land forces at least) it will  have a moon state of waning or waxing, first light, last light for the sun. Certainly for mission editor some sort of indication what the moon is doing would be very helpful.

-----------------------------------------------

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache | 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G |SSD 1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 3:15 AM, Gun Jam said:

It would be excellent if sun and moon position were shown when adjusting time and weather. A small graphic would show sun position or moon position relative to horizon. The graphic would also show moon phase depending on the year / date and both moon and sun position relative to horizon would change as time was adjusted. 

Looks like someone's wish got granted : 

I'm not sure the moon phases are visible but on the video it seems that it's not perfectly circular ? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BuzzLine said:

Looks like someone's wish got granted : 

I'm not sure the moon phases are visible but on the video it seems that it's not perfectly circular ? 

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/140802-obsuzhdenie-oficialnyh-novostej-3/?do=findComment&comment=4799394

Illum percentage would help for night planning and pre setup of NVG and other systems.  

• Like 2

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Cool to see this wish granted. Thanks ED :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

38 minutes ago, BaD CrC said:

Only thing missing is the % illumination though. Kinda criticial since NVGs are still blind when illum is 0 % or too low.

Yup very surprised this isn't part of it,  always critical information for mission planning.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S