Finally Started to learn her

Cowboy10uk

Well after a while putting it off, ive finally started on my journey to learn this wonderful aircraft. Several attempts at landing, which in the end resulted in us both getting killed, Rubbish pilot. 🙂  But before out untimely demise, a wonderful low level flight across the Middle east to get used to her. Ive a very very long way to go before im competant at all in her, but all in all a very nice first evening. 

Got to love Volanta for easy tracking of the flight. 

Can you spot the carriers position.  😉

Screenshot (105).png

Edited by Cowboy10uk
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

On 7/4/2021 at 5:10 PM, Cowboy10uk said:

"...a wonderful low level flight across the Middle east to get used to her..."

It's like learning to drive a car with a manual transmission.  The only way is to get out and just do it. 🙂

The F-14 isn't that hard once you get accustomed to using the rudder pedals more or less all the time.  If you have any experience playing with the warbirds then you'll do just fine.  It's kind of the same idea, I guess.

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

I have no idea why I haven't seen this before today, but...Megan at 34:52 talking about the F-14 is enough to get me out of the hornet long enough to learn this beast. 

The F-14 was THE jet when I grew up and was in the Navy.  I was on the F/A-18A's first deployment, and all we wanted were F-14 flybys.  The F-18 was the punch line of a joke.  Oddly, we also didn't see the F-18 in the air much.  It blew the mach on a flyby during the tiger cruise up from Hawaii, which was fun...but almost all my pictures are VF-21 with a few of VF-154.