Cockpit door automatically closes with forward flight

01G8R
Go to solution Solved by NineLine,

If you take off with the cockpit door open it automatically closes after you reach about 30 or 40 kph air speed.  If you open the door during flight it automatically closes after a short time.

13 hours ago, 01G8R said:

If you take off with the cockpit door open it automatically closes after you reach about 30 or 40 kph air speed.  If you open the door during flight it automatically closes after a short time.

Pilot commander and operator? They dont fly with open doors IRL ... so its ok.

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I don't think it would be smart to fly with a rearward opening door open unless you wanted to explain later why it was missing, or perhaps why it was embedded in your rotor at the crash site.

• Like 1

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Pilot commander.  I understand that you normally wouldn't fly in this configuration, but it is supposed to be a sim.  If you leave the door open it will probably rip off at 300 kph.  Just like a canopy in a jet.  Those don't automatically close over a certain speed that I have seen.  You can manually control them and if conditions are right the canopy will rip off.