screen twitching after update: help pls!

Double Dutch

Hi,

Updated and went to have a look a the marianas (looks awesome) however my screen twitches (hard to explain) every few seconds. Switched to another map and I have the same thing. Om my second screen I had a popup with a script not being run correctly (completely). Since it was on another screen than my DCS I gave it no thought. Now my game feels like it has a nervous twitch I wish I had.

What can I do? is there some option I can run to check the files?

ps. I don't use VR

Edited by Double Dutch

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

Try running a repair on DCS to see if that helps.

Also, try deleting your FXO and metashaders folders

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

16 minutes ago, hornblower793 said:

Try running a repair on DCS to see if that helps.

Also, try deleting your FXO and metashaders folders

repair fast or slow no effect.

Deleted FXO & metashaders2 folder, no effect. 😞

Edited by Double Dutch

-----

What graphics card and drivers do you have?

Also - please could you attach a copy of your DCS logfile to see if there are any clues in there

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

@hornblower793 STRIX 3080 Gaming, latest driver

dcs.log

dcs.log.old

The old one was before the file deletion I think.

Deleting the metashaders folder, are those the errors I am now getting? They are not there in the 'old' log

(I will put those 2 folders back)

Edited by Double Dutch

-----

No - the errors in your log are seen by all of us. There is nothing obvious in there (to me at least).

I have just tried mine in pancake mode and don't get the same stuttering (I run a 2060s) - did you do a clean install of the latest drivers and do you run any overclocking on the card or cpu?

It might also be worth clearing your graphics card cache (C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache)

4 minutes ago, hornblower793 said:

No - the errors in your log are seen by all of us. There is nothing obvious in there (to me at least).

I have just tried mine in pancake mode and don't get the same stuttering (I run a 2060s) - did you do a clean install of the latest drivers and do you run any overclocking on the card or cpu?

It might also be worth clearing your graphics card cache (C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache)

The OLD file doesn't have them? Which was created today too.

My guess is that something went wrong while downloading the latest beta... I got an error of some sorts.. some script not running correctly

It even flickers when I am in a mission but not yet flying

If I reinstall DCS, will I lose all my throttle/graphic settings?

Edited by Double Dutch

-----

You shouldn't do - they are stored in the Saved Games > Config folder - I periodically take a copy of this so that I can restore it in the case of any issues

1 minute ago, hornblower793 said:

You shouldn't do - they are stored in the Saved Games > Config folder - I periodically take a copy of this so that I can restore it in the case of any issues

OK then I will remove and reinstall the beta version

-----

@hornblower793

Seems like I am jinxed, removed the version, installing 2.7 and now seems to stop downloading/unpacking. Stuck like this for several minutes now.

image.png

When I try to stop the update, cancel won't work, my tas kmanager is not even able to kill this process wtf is going on here....

Edited by Double Dutch

-----