F-18 - Kneeboards not working

Hi, 

Previously I had my DCS install (with F18) completely on the C:-Drive. However I decided to add a complete dedicated disc which is now called F:

Since then, I'm unable to use my kneeboards for the F-18. All is still under the "saved games" folder where it previously worked but still no luck.

Sure it's somewhere a mapping towards the right folder but unable to solve it so far.

Any ideas?

Thanks, 

Bart

Hm, this is completely strange, I reinstalled on the C drive and still not working. I have the impression I have a corrupt ini file somewhere. Any idea where the file is pointing to this location?

Kr

I didn't really move it. I uninstalled it completely. Left Saved games where it was with the DCS stuff in it and installed the Application on the F-drive.

Installation was done via Standalone (download from DCS, not Steam)

Reapplied the same returning to the C-Drive again.

On 7/7/2021 at 8:19 PM, PopTops said:

Any idea where the file is pointing to this location?

TL;DR:

It sounds like you may have inadvertently switched between Release and OpenBeta versions, if you are sure you don't have duplicate "Saved Games\DCS.xxx" folders, I'm at a loss.

Detail:

DCS saves it's files to "Saved Games\DCS" by default, if the folder is missing it creates a new one at the location.

In the main DCS install location(s) "C:\Program Files (x86)\DCS World" (or similar), dcs_variant.txt is used to manage multiple saves/versions when there is more than one DCS install.

For example, if  dcs_variant.txt contains the text

openbeta

the save path is "Saved Games\DCS.openbeta".

This is an example of save folders on a PC with 3 DCS installs - a default (Steam Open Beta) install and 2 legacy standalone installs (using dcs_variant.txt in their install folders).

3 DCS Installs, Steam Open Beta and 2 legacy Standalone versions.PNG

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080