AI Petro Can't see ground targets

stalhuth

After new Patch the AI can not see any ground targets, specially in the Mariana Island.

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

I just flew a mission in the editor on the Syria map and it seems normal to me, he is picking out and engaging ground units with the latest Beta patch. I havent' tried Marianas yet though.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Tried Marianas and still no issue, Petro picked out and tracked ground targets, I don't see any change in behavior on my system with the newest beta patch from 6/30/2021.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

10 minutes ago, monkie said:

Tried Marianas and still no issue, Petro picked out and tracked ground targets, I don't see any change in behavior on my system with the newest beta patch from 6/30/2021.

the AI can't see ground units in the coast of the island in day light and very close distance, also I tried in the top of a flat hill and same result, also I'm trying in areas without vegetation or palms that cover the vision and the same result, I think I saw in other forum this same issue with some other players 

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

I"ve tried a couple more times on Marianas, had Petro look for targets on the beaches as well as on the golf courses, he sees them every time, I am seeing no change in his behavior in that regard.

Now somtimes he isn't giving me the menu to select which target I want him to lock onto, he just picks one.

I am using US Targets such as the ammo trucks and the LV7's, perhaps try some differen't target types?

11 hours ago, monkie said:

I"ve tried a couple more times on Marianas, had Petro look for targets on the beaches as well as on the golf courses, he sees them every time, I am seeing no change in his behavior in that regard.

Now somtimes he isn't giving me the menu to select which target I want him to lock onto, he just picks one.

I am using US Targets such as the ammo trucks and the LV7's, perhaps try some differen't target types?

Yes, I also try different targets red or blue and the result is the same. This module needs a lot of more work, specially for the new AI  

If anything the AI gunner is almost too good at picking out targets on my install, I wish you the best in finding a solution but I can't replicate what you are describing on of the maps so far.

Can you create a trk file to post here so we can see exactly what is happening for you? perhaps it's a keybind that you have a conflict with or got changed?

Edited by monkie

It depends on the ground unit type, on release he wasn't able to see the Merkava tank for instance and after the latest patch he seems to also have trouble seeing Humvees...

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

I have yet to find a combination where he wouldn't lock on yet on any map. However there was an instance on the Syria map where Petro wouldn't fire because the tanks were behind a fence which I thought was pretty smart on his part.