DDI's - AMPCD information

Double Dutch

Hello,

I was wondering, is there a document that has like the functionalities of both DDI's and the AMPCD? How to go to what screen and what options are available per page?

Perhaps there is also a logic to how the functionality is added to the pages?

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

On 6/29/2021 at 3:28 PM, Double Dutch said:

How to go to what screen and what options are available per page?

You mean the official manual? Each module has a manual.

Its a PDF file in <DCS program files folder>\Mods\aircraft\<module name>\Doc

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

On 6/30/2021 at 4:13 AM, Brass2-1 said:

Hey Dutch, that link above is neat-check it out for sure. 

As far as how we can help, are you referring to tactical/combat pages or the supplemental/data pages?

I am looking for, what screens you can pull up per screen, what information is there, what settings can you change 🙂

-----

On 6/30/2021 at 4:13 AM, dorianR666 said:

You mean the official manual? Each module has a manual.

Its a PDF file in <DCS program files folder>\Mods\aircraft\<module name>\Doc

As an Example, I am trying to create a x.mas tree of the DDI, and I think it is something like this (not sure about the MIDS page)

SUPT, Support page

o   MIDS page

§  Datalink

§  Situational awareness page

§  IFF

o   FUEL Page

o   BIT page

o   Memory Unit Mission Initialization page

o   Checklist (CHKLST) page

o   Engine Page

o   Flight Control Systems (FCS) page

Then the Manual jumps to the EADI page, followed by HSI page, the HSI, FPAS page, are they on the same lever al SUPT page (meaning, press central button bottom row?)?

I know you can display ground radar images there and such How to get that information on there.

There is also not much on the AMPCD...

-----

There are probably a small number of exceptions/quirks (i.e. if you have the HSI on the LDDI your distance from the CSEL is covered by the advisory line), but generally speaking you can put any of the pages up on any of the three displays.  There are 2 sets of high level options: the TAC page and the SUPT page options which the bottom middle button swaps between, then sub-pages around the outside of these from there.   Jump in a running aircraft and you can just click through them if you wan to see the sub-page.  The manual (IIRC) goes over all the top level pages in the TAC and SUPT menus, then later (i.e. in the weapons section for the stores page) jumps into the sub-pages for each of those options.

With some exceptions(ATTK RADAR won’t display on AMPCD iirc, and moving map won’t display on DDI’s - there may be others also) the displays themselves are agnostic; IE any page can be placed anywhere. 

Your “Top Level” pages are SUPT and TAC, with additional pages available for each. Both are available on any display. They follow quite a logical progression with respect to what sub-levels are present; FLIR, Stores and Radar are on the tactical page for example. Checklists, FCS and BIT are on the Support page. 

if you feel such a “Christmas tree” would assist you, hop into a hot jet on the ramp and jot it down. 

I break pages/locations into use cases, and configuring each is a part of my pre-combat checklist based upon my intended mission. For example;

A-G Strike-Stores (L) FLIR (R) SA (AMPCD)

A-G SEAD-Stores (L) EW (R) SA (AMPCD)

A-A CAP-AZ/EL (L) ATTK RDR (R) SA (AMPCD)

Cruise-FPAS (L) HSI (R) SA (AMPCD)

Landing-ADI (L) HSI (R) 

Some variation depending on situation is also common. 

Note also that there are HOTAS commands to bring up or cycle through specific pages, particularly tactical-use pages.