VR вылетает через 10-15 минут

Kercheiz

Hi,

Since one week, I have a very painful issue. DCS starts properly, the mission too, but after 10-15 minutes the headset suddenly becomes black. DCS continues running (sound goes on, VR preview is low FPS but goes on).

Did anyone encounter this issue? I have my current setup for 6 month and never had such problems. Now it's every time.

I have 64Gb RAM, and I don't see any memory leak while playing. GPU is RTX3090.

I suspected cooling issues, but GPU is 70°C and CPU 65°C when playing DCS, which is far from awful.

NVidia drivers are up to date, I uninstalled and reinstalled SteamVR and WMR plugin. Repared DCS.

Are you running the wmr for steamvr beta? Some people have stability problems with that and reverting to the release version seems to stabilise it.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

12 minutes ago, Kercheiz said:

Yes, I use it since the beginning. They may have screwed it in a recent update, I'll try downgrading.

I'm currently trying without VR, it seems stable.

Are you also changing CPU priority to High in task manager for DCS or steamvr? 

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

1 hour ago, Kercheiz said:

Yes, I use it since the beginning. They may have screwed it in a recent update, I'll try downgrading.

I'm currently trying without VR, it seems stable.

as noted:

- WMR for SteamVR release version (not beta) = good

- SteamVR beta = good

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

The issue is gone after reverting SteamVR to stable and doing a fresh DCS installation with a separate saved games folder. I'll try tomorrow with the previous DCS install & saved games to check if this was SteamVR.

11 hours ago, BMGZ06 said:

Are you also changing CPU priority to High in task manager for DCS or steamvr? 

No!

OK... After many tests, the culprit was Reprojection. Disable it completely, and everything runs smooth. Re enable it, and play in a situation where FPS gets low so that reprojection has more work, SteamVR crashes. Even in stable for SteamVR and WMR plugin.

I played since the G2 came out with reprojection, without any issue. I have no clue why it started crashing one week ago, but it does.

Looking at other forums, this is an issue reported by many people, but still it doesn't happen everywhere. I may end up by reinstalling everything if I want to enable reprojection again.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the same problem in both DCS and IL-2.

Turning off reprojection/motion smoothing stopped the crashes.

I did some troubleshooting by switching between beta and stable for WMR for SteamVR and SteamVR itself. Also tried different GPU drivers, but nothing worked.

I ended up reinstalling the OS and everything.

Everything has worked since then… Fingers crossed!

• Reverb G2
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
  • Inno3D iChill Frostbite GeForce RTX 3090
  • G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4-3600 C16 QC 64GB
  • ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI)
  • Samsung 960 Pro 1TB M.2 SSD
  • WD Black SN850 2TB M.2 SSD

As my problems got solved by reinstalling the OS (Win10 Home 64), I have been carefully adding apps to the PC, to see if they could cause the blackout problems.

Yesterday i installed Open Hardware Monitor to check my temps. Suddenly I experienced two blackouts in DCS. I uninstalled OHWM and flew a couple of missions without issues. Coincidence? 

I started experiencing these crashes when SteamVR was updated to 1.19xxx but with the latest beta 1.20.xxx all seems to be fine now. I had a few 1-2 hours sessions online without a single crash.

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

• ED Team

If you are crashing attach your dcs.log from saved games dcs log folder, it is the only way we can look for clues. 

If you overclock note that more often than not this is the problem. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Its not unheard of for your Steam installation to just get corrupted from time to time, and a reinstallation of the Steam platform (not necessarily Steam VR) ends up fixing the problem.  You don't even have to reinstall all of your Steam apps usually.  Start with small steps before resorting to a complete OS reinstall.  You don't want to use a sledgehammer to kill a fly.  ⚒️🪰:no_sad:

Edited by eaglecash867

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

• maximov changed the title to VR вылетает через 10-15 минут