Real World Medical Grounded Sale :(

Good afternoon everyone. I haven't been able to fly in almost 6 months due to a real world medical issue that has grounded me and is not improving.  The bills are mounting and a a result I have to very tearfully say good-bye to DCS and my related equipment to help cover my wife's expenses.

All of the equipment it in very good working order, it's just a little dusty based on non-use for last 6 months. Included is a HOTAS Warthog set, TM TFRP pedals, 2 working TM Cougar MFD's mounted to a color monitor and a wheel stand pro stand with keyboard plate.  The HOTAS and pedals have the original boxes but the pedals box is dented on the top so it's not in mint condition. 

This is very difficult and I miss the community and the unfriendly skies more than I thought I would but love requires sacrifice, so here we go.

We will be away for a few days but I will check IM's and while I have given away equipment in the past this time I will sell to the best offer.  I'm sorry if that sounds horrible, I don't mean to be that way, but it's the reality I am facing. 

Thank you for your time and please let the mountains I normally smacked into that I miss them. 🙂

May there never be peace in the skies of DCS.

Capn' Penguin

WH Box.jpg

WH STand.jpg

Whog MFDs.jpg

Whog Stick.jpg

Whog Throttle.jpg

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 6/28/2021 at 12:17 AM, Capn Penguin said:

Good afternoon everyone. I haven't been able to fly in almost 6 months due to a real world medical issue that has grounded me and is not improving.  The bills are mounting and a a result I have to very tearfully say good-bye to DCS and my related equipment to help cover my wife's expenses.

All of the equipment it in very good working order, it's just a little dusty based on non-use for last 6 months. Included is a HOTAS Warthog set, TM TFRP pedals, 2 working TM Cougar MFD's mounted to a color monitor and a wheel stand pro stand with keyboard plate.  The HOTAS and pedals have the original boxes but the pedals box is dented on the top so it's not in mint condition. 

This is very difficult and I miss the community and the unfriendly skies more than I thought I would but love requires sacrifice, so here we go.

We will be away for a few days but I will check IM's and while I have given away equipment in the past this time I will sell to the best offer.  I'm sorry if that sounds horrible, I don't mean to be that way, but it's the reality I am facing. 

Thank you for your time and please let the mountains I normally smacked into that I miss them. 🙂

May there never be peace in the skies of DCS.

Capn' Penguin

WH Box.jpg

WH STand.jpg

Whog MFDs.jpg

Whog Stick.jpg

Whog Throttle.jpg

I'm sorry to read this @Capn Penguin. It's never good to see a community member leave, but most certainly not because of this reason. 

Personally I'm all settled so no potential buyer here, sorry, but you might increase your chances when posting this in the sales section here

(I for instance hardly ever visit this hardware sub-forum, but I do occasionally check the sales forum.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thank you both. 🙂

May you have clear skies and multiple bogies. 

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Penguin,

I can't buy that stuff off of you just because of the shipping across the ocean (I used to live in TX and I miss it...).  I swear I would have bought it with a promise to return it after your troubles are finally over, and I surely hope it is soon, very soon.

Be strong, you and your wife, and fight this dogfight like a tight pair.

To get back to DCS you will only need a T16000k HOTAS kit, good grease and a few inexpensive modifications... I'll be happy to help when the time comes.

Ciao,

Waze

Edited by Mike Wazowsky
  • Like 1