Aiming station input constant drift when mapped to a Joystick axis/POV

The issue has already been discussed to some degree in the thread above : essentially there appears to be a problem with how the Aiming station input for moving the sight left/right & up/down works when using a Joystick axis/POV, leading to persistent velocity drift of the input.

It is as though the logic for computing the velocity of the displacement does not reset when there no longer is any input from the Joystick (e.g. from a POV hat), resulting in a drift behaviour with a constant velocity, until the input (e.g. POV) is activated again. This behaviour has been observed in the guided missile training mission whereby the Hind is in a perfect hover & so any drift from the aircraft itself is a no factor.

The issue above occurs when removing any bindings for the Aiming station up/down & left/right & have a sole axis/device for each of the actions. Setting a deadzone as suggested in the post above 'helps' making the issue less frequent but it does still occur & with the same persistence.

This issue, which appears to be affecting a few people is making it impossible for me to be remotely proficient at being in the gunner's seat as I am unable to reliably aim at & target a stationary target even when my own aircraft is perfectly motionless.

Edited by Althar93
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

i hope ED/DCS will find a solution for this problem.

i see that the centering function actually does something now for the aiming station..

after the last open beta update... centering returns the red arrow to the center when it is slewed away from center.

before the update initiating the center function did NOT do anything nor return the arrow to center..

how ever, the slewing continues to drift even though the red arrow is center absolute ( which i would think means stop slewing)

i wonder how does a real life Mi24 aiming station operator handle aiming with the optical guidance unit...

Edited by hannibal
  • Like 1

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

On 7/27/2021 at 9:46 PM, hannibal said:

i hope ED/DCS will find a solution for this problem.

i see that the centering function actually does something now for the aiming station..

after the last open beta update... centering returns the red arrow to the center when it is slewed away from center.

before the update initiating the center function do anything nor return the arrow to center..

how ever, the slewing continues to drift even though the red arrow is center absolute ( which i would think means stop slewing)

i wonder how does a real life Mi24 aiming station operator handle aiming with the optical guidance unit...

+1 same problem.

Edited by clanitho

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits