Trimmer audio cue (louder?)

Althar93

While this may not be realistic, I really like the clicking sound you get in the Mi-8 when trimming the aircraft. This audio cue is particularly useful as the trimmer mode (which may be set to require a return to centre) may sometimes not register if the stick hasn't been brought back within the centering threshold. I personally frequently find myself pressing the trim button on my joystick then returning the stick to centre, only to realise I didn't fully depress the button to the point of activation & end up bobbing around until I can gain control agian.

It would be really nice if we could have a similar audio cue for the Mi-24. If there is one already, then please can we have it louder because I don't recall hearing anything.

Edited by Althar93
  • Like 2

btw...

the trimmer "return to center mode" isn't working as smooth as in the Hip. She always drops or raises the nose after trimming.

But I think that was reported already - therefore I will not make a new topic out of it - but it should be looked after.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Yeah, in the real thing it sounds more noticeable, there's also a noise when deflecting the trim hat.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I remember a video of an Mi-26 doing a passenger flight (Which I hear the FAA is a huge fan of right now) and IIRC there was a camera in the cockpit, and while he was doing a hover check (or getting it light on the wheels and trimming) you could very clearly hear the "tock tock tock tock" of him smashing that trimmer button. 

The Oni abides, man✌️

I was just coming here to post the video Northstar98 did. 🙂 The distinctive click of the trimmer and the servo noise of the trimmer, while perhaps not very audible in a real Hind wearing a helmet, etc., might be useful in-flight feedback as the lack of stick forces, big and extremely tactile metal switches and hats, etc., at least for most of us, makes trimming the helicopter perhaps slightly more difficult than it should be.