Is it the hardware or software?? Virpil's encoders.

RackMonkey

There are 4 encoders on the CM2 throttle and I can't get any of them to work correctly. Testing with the A-10's HSI heading and course, I have tried almost every combination of setting that I can think of. In VPC's joystick testing software I'm seeing "ON" numbers between 0 and 8 million MS...if it registers at all. I try to turn the knob at a constant rate of about 500MS per click. 

I get the same results if I test with X-Plane 11 also, so I am assuming that the problem is either with Virpil's hardware of software. Since Vipil uses very good hardware I believe it's the software that's not reading the hardware correctly.

Just in case, I've also tested Joystick Grimlin to see if the problem might be between Virpil's software signal output and the way that DCS and X-Plane interpret it. The result is the same.

The question is, does anybody have the encoders working correctly? Are all of Virpils encoders worthless? What can we do to get Virpil to look at the software to make them useable?

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

What program are you using them in. I'd like to determine if it's just my flight sim's that are causing a problem.

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

I use them for pretty simple things, like show/hide pilot body, show/hide flight stick, time accelerate and decelerate,  fps counter, etc.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I don't doubt that you use them for that but it is a strange use of a rotary encoder jut to do on/off task that any normal switch could do. I wouldn't even know where to start to program a rotary to do something like that.   

7 hours ago, RackMonkey said:

I don't doubt that you use them for that but it is a strange use of a rotary encoder jut to do on/off task that any normal switch could do. I wouldn't even know where to start to program a rotary to do something like that.   

Worked fine for me just assigning directly in the game controller settings.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|