JHMCS AG mode removed from planned systems?

Furiz

24 minutes ago, Furiz said:

Yes but in the planned systems that Air-to-Ground Mode is missing now, noticed that when Wags updated the post with removed AGM-154C.

Was the AG mode specially mentioned in that post? I don’t think it was. 

It’ll be a strange decision to emit it now, it’s not particularly complicated. It functions similar to the Hornets AG mode, with the added ability to slave/point Maverick seeker and designate for Dive Toss mode. 

The AG JHMCS feature was not mentioned in that post as far as I remember. I am not even sure if it exists in the 2007 blk 50 at all. It shows ground waypoints and HTS targets (?), basically that's it afaik for AG functionality. IFF is (if it is capable and implemented) a pure AA functionality. Unsure about Link 16 AG functionality, never seen anything about it.

I can't see anything dropped yet besides the JSOW C. I can live with that. I am fine with the weapons we have now. However, I have yet to see an update on the F-16's systems and flight model since I bought it about half a year ago, so I sit here and wait patiently for the things the former hornet team brings us.
I still have hope.

11 hours ago, Furiz said:

JHMCS is a system, Viper should have what Hornet has in regards to JHMCS + the HTS integration

That's not really true. JHMCS is a display more than a system. It doesn't have sensors other than the helmet motion sensor, what it's capable of is a factor of what the display can process and render, and what information the aircraft's computer can pass to it. The Hornet can display RWR info on the HMD, for example, which I don't believe the Viper is capable of since it's computers don't interact with the RWR in that way. 

I'm pretty sure both are fully capable of displaying A/G info though. I'd expect anything that the aircraft knows how to display on the HUD can be displayed in the HMD. 

I think we need to start a collective effort to archive every single ED post because so many things get smoke and daggered away and it's gone so far now that people are starting to question their own sanity and the overall validity of their own memories.

• Like 8

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

6 hours ago, WHOGX5 said:

I think we need to start a collective effort to archive every single ED post because so many things get smoke and daggered away and it's gone so far now that people are starting to question their own sanity and the overall validity of their own memories.

You mean when we hear things like as soon as the hornet is done the Viper will be priority, only to sit back and watch the dev of the Hind and the Apache... Meanwhile we are like... ... Uhhhhhh

Edited by Smoked
  • Like 2

See Wags' clarification.

• Like 1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // Saitek X65F Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //

"I think we need to start a collective effort to archive every single ED post because so many things get smoke and daggered away"

LOL

You mean the bit that says "SUBJECT TO CHANGE" or the rest of that stuff that's actually subject to the aforementioned changes?

People try SOOOO hard to be victims these days.

All us "boomers" knew this was coming and tried so hard to warm the population of this poor planet that giving all you little tikes a trophy for every little thing you did would backfire...  hard...

And here we are.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

On 6/28/2021 at 2:34 PM, Smoked said:

You mean when we hear things like as soon as the hornet is done the Viper will be priority, only to sit back and watch the dev of the Hind and the Apache... Meanwhile we are like... ... Uhhhhhh

I noticed this as well.   Suddenly a full list of updates this patch for Hind and barely anything for F-16

• Like 1

9 hours ago, USA_Recon said:

I noticed this as well.   Suddenly a full list of updates this patch for Hind and barely anything for F-16

I don't know what's going on but we are not getting any real updates for the Viper.. That flight model update has been "in the pipe" for over half a year now. The missing DED pages and underlying functionality is no where to be seen, AG Radar, bug fixes etc. are no where to be seen. It seems like they are still struggling with the Hornet, otherwise I believe we would see something happen with the Viper. The lack of communication is also worrying.

10 minutes ago, b0bl00i said:

I don't know what's going on but we are not getting any real updates for the Viper.. That flight model update has been "in the pipe" for over half a year now. The missing DED pages and underlying functionality is no where to be seen, AG Radar, bug fixes etc. are no where to be seen. It seems like they are still struggling with the Hornet, otherwise I believe we would see something happen with the Viper. The lack of communication is also worrying.

The development of the aircraft was delayed months (if not a year) but ED said they are focused now on developing the F16, next month we will get jsow and wcmd. Now I think we need to wait and see if this is true. ED is communicating, not much but they are saying what they are doing.

• ED Team
On 6/28/2021 at 1:34 PM, Smoked said:

10 hours ago, USA_Recon said:

ED has multiple teams that each have their own specialty. I don't know what the actual tally is, but they've said in previous interviews that there is at least one "fast jet team" and at least one "helo" team. So while you might've seen some resources re-allocated back and forth between Hornet and Viper, I wouldn't worry about the Hind, Apache, or BS3 taking up any resources from F-16 development.

It's also worth noting they said in those interviews the majority of the ED dev team members work on the core DCS World code itself, not a specific module. I'm paraphrasing of course.

Edited by Raptor9

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• ED Team
2 hours ago, b0bl00i said:

As we have already stated in a past newsletter and in mini-updates, we are doing bug fixing and clean up work on the Viper, then moving back to new features. Once again, please be patient. 

This is headed off topic, I believe the OP is answered. Closed.

• Like 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png