Standard benchmark/record on DCS ?

Hi pilots

I wonder if anyone could share a standard record on DCS in order to benchmark each one with the same fly ?

Maybe something starting  on super carrier and with some units near on ground.

It would be better to compare hardware and settings ?

Other question : what do you use to record FPS and know 1% and average FPS ?

Thanks a lot

I can answer your last question:

Many use MSI Afterburner, which you can download from Guru3d.com. It has a configurable OSD via the included Riva Tuner Statistics Server RTSS. YOu can, if needed, also route your HWinfo values into that OSD and literally show each and every aspect HWinfo is capable of on your OSD inside DCS.

It has many features, the OSD is only 1 part of it. You can tune and overclock/undervolt your GPU with it too... it's worth spending some time with it to know how to work with it, not only for DCS.

The first question is really hard to answer:

The "standard" benchmark....ehhh...there is the problem. With so many updates in DCS, coupled with new GPU drivers and Windows Builds...it is almost impossible to create

a benchmark that has a halftime longer than 14 days tbh. Some have done real nice graphs with lots of effort, but that was before 2.7, before 2.x etc.., so they have become mroe or less useless for present setups & versions.

The best benchmark imho is your own judgement. Does it stutter ? NO = Good, does it have enough fps to satisfy me ?  Yes = Good. If you are on the other side of those 2 answers then you may need to tinker with the LOD, OC etc... and if that all doesnt bring relief you may need to upgrade hardware

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

17 hours ago, BitMaster said:

I can answer your last question:

Many use MSI Afterburner, which you can download from Guru3d.com. It has a configurable OSD via the included Riva Tuner Statistics Server RTSS. YOu can, if needed, also route your HWinfo values into that OSD and literally show each and every aspect HWinfo is capable of on your OSD inside DCS.

It has many features, the OSD is only 1 part of it. You can tune and overclock/undervolt your GPU with it too... it's worth spending some time with it to know how to work with it, not only for DCS.

The first question is really hard to answer:

The "standard" benchmark....ehhh...there is the problem. With so many updates in DCS, coupled with new GPU drivers and Windows Builds...it is almost impossible to create

a benchmark that has a halftime longer than 14 days tbh. Some have done real nice graphs with lots of effort, but that was before 2.7, before 2.x etc.., so they have become mroe or less useless for present setups & versions.

The best benchmark imho is your own judgement. Does it stutter ? NO = Good, does it have enough fps to satisfy me ?  Yes = Good. If you are on the other side of those 2 answers then you may need to tinker with the LOD, OC etc... and if that all doesnt bring relief you may need to upgrade hardware

1) Good suggestion, I use MSI Afgterburner and it is really safe and easy to use.

2) Reason why I stick to 3D Mark Pro, you can emulate the use of your GPU/CPU with 4K settings, but I also use CPUID CPU-Z to compare and validate results, it's the closest I can come to get a precise idea of what it would like to run DCS on a particular setting, in any case you can monitor your progresses and optimize your PC with them.

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.