SAM Sites Asset Pack - A 3D assets mod to populate you SAM sites, FARP and other bases

LetMePickThat

2 minutes ago, LetMePickThat said:

I wil include it in the next version of the mod.

It will use a placeholder chassis for now, but I plan on writing a custom one later.

Thank you for your reply and work!

Eager to see what next version brings.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

On 7/16/2021 at 1:17 AM, Ian Boys UK said:

Worked for Red Iran, which is odd.

I didn't have the time to check but I think some countries just don't have access to the EWR task. Can you try to use one of ED's EWR-capable units and tell me if you can set up the EWR task in the mission editor when it is set for Red Syria?

Hello guys !

Beta 1.4 was released, so here is the changelog:

• Fixed various issues with the radars and some other units,
  • Added tents to populate FARPs and other bases. Some of them have UN/Red Cross markings, to provide "do-not-bomb" objects,
  • Added a simple CA-compatible vehicle for testing purposes,
  • Added a custom menu theme.

As you will note, the main menu theme uses a very low-res image. That's because of a very good reason: I don't have a better one to use... If you guys want to send me better images so that I can use them for the main menu theme, by all mean send them !

As usual, feedback is welcome.

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.07.18 - 21.17.26.77.png

Edited by LetMePickThat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

On 7/18/2021 at 3:21 PM, LetMePickThat said:

... Beta 1.4 was released, so here is the changelog:

As you will note, the main menu theme uses a very low-res image. That's because of a very good reason: I don't have a better one to use... If you guys want to send me better images so that I can use them for the main menu theme, by all mean send them !

Hi, 

Thanks a lot for the update 👍 ... really nice. 

I was expecting gorgeous wallpapers from the more artistically-gifted members of the community, but no one has appeared yet .. In the meantime, I'm using this image from one of my PG Templates that makes use of your Mod, let's see if this prompts other people to post theirs 😇

mew7DZg.jpg

Best regards,

Eduardo

base-menu-window.zip

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

After the update, some objects don't work properly, they are displayed correctly on the ME interface and can see the 3D model, but when I enter the game, even if I choose the admin role, I can't see their 2D ICONS on the F10 map interface, only through F7 or F12. Is this just my problem?

5 hours ago, daviddou80 said:

After the update, some objects don't work properly, they are displayed correctly on the ME interface and can see the 3D model, but when I enter the game, even if I choose the admin role, I can't see their 2D ICONS on the F10 map interface, only through F7 or F12. Is this just my problem?

I haven't updated yet, will do tomorrow and test the mod.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, patpatpowercat said:

What are the HARM codes for the new radars? Or are do they use 101/102 like the generic search radars?

That's actually a great question.

I don't know, I haven't set them for particular codes. Let me take a look, release a small update if needed, then report back.

OK, I just released a small update, below are the new codes. I chose the closest radar, technologically speaking, when possible.

• 1L119 Nebo-SVU: same code as the 1L13 Nebo-SV (101)
  • Generic EW Tower: same code as the 1L13 Nebo-SV (101)
  • 55Zh6U Nebo-U: same code as the 55Zh6 Nebo (102)
  • P-37 Saturn: same code as the 55Zh6 Nebo (102) - I'm not super happy with this one, I'll figure out something else but in the meantime this will do.

• Like 2

I congratulate you for the realization of these mod, very good work, is it possible to add to this mod the Russian equivalent of the MHU-141 with Russian weapons?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

It looks like we've found the reason why some modules don't display or work properly:In view of the fact that the health value output by its script is 1 higher than the actual value, ED reduces the health value of all units by 1, and the health value of those units that were originally less than 1 is directly reduced to negative.So, these units are actually dead at the beginning of the mission, and it certainly doesn't show up or work on the F10 because it's already dead.An effective solution is to increase the health of these units appropriately.I hope that's helpful

• Like 1

Hello, problem with CAMO Netting not touching the ground:

Capture.JPG

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

3 hours ago, Strigoi_dk said:

image.png

Tested in-game, and assets, hereunder camo nets, will be stacked on top of structures in game, see picture. I'm not entirely sure whether this is what you (clanithohave noticed?

But other than that nets should touch the ground normally. 

Best

Strigoi_dk (ERO)

As you can see on the picture, the camouflage net placed over a farp gasoline depot does not touch the ground on the Syrian field.

I see what you mean, and I have replicated the case in game, and have to agree with you. Not sure we can do much about it though. However the immediate work around is to slightly shift the net outside the FARP, see enclosed screens: image.png

The one to the left stacks and the one to the right does not, see the same below in game.

image.png

Best

Strigoi_dk (ERO)

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Strigoi_dk said:

I see what you mean, and I have replicated the case in game, and have to agree with you. Not sure we can do much about it though. However the immediate work around is to slightly shift the net outside the FARP, see enclosed screens: image.png

The one to the left stacks and the one to the right does not, see the same below in game.

image.png

Best

Strigoi_dk (ERO)

Ok thanks 👍

On 7/29/2021 at 1:14 PM, daviddou80 said:

It looks like we've found the reason why some modules don't display or work properly:In view of the fact that the health value output by its script is 1 higher than the actual value, ED reduces the health value of all units by 1, and the health value of those units that were originally less than 1 is directly reduced to negative.So, these units are actually dead at the beginning of the mission, and it certainly doesn't show up or work on the F10 because it's already dead.An effective solution is to increase the health of these units appropriately.I hope that's helpful

Yeah, we figured that out and will edit all health values affected by that. 🙂