SAM Sites Asset Pack - A 3D assets mod to populate you SAM sites, FARP and other bases

LetMePickThat

2 hours ago, Ian Boys UK said:

P-37 sits inside, not on top of, Elev Plat B.

20210627215919_1.jpg

Ditto Platform A. It's very odd. Yesterday it sat on top.

Yes, it's a problem caused by the new declaration of fortifications as ground u it's and not fixed objects. I'll release an update later on today.

2 hours ago, Ian Boys UK said:

Shilka revetment size seems off?

20210627224444_1.jpg

Elevated O and SA10

20210627224806_1.jpg

It's not supposed to be a Shilla revetment but a sandbag wall for infantry. As for the SA-10 radar, it's the same issue as the P-37, I know how to solve it.

• Like 1

Just for info, this mod seems to have an issue with the Military/Civil aircraft mod, none of those assets will show if this mod is active?

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

7 hours ago, G.J.S said:

Just for info, this mod seems to have an issue with the Military/Civil aircraft mod, none of those assets will show if this mod is active?

Interesting.

I am not using this mod myself, please provide me with a link and I'll see why that happens. 

Well, I know what I'll be doing on this fine sunny warm day. I'll be neck deep in the Mission Editor. Thank you @LetMePickThat 👍.

• Like 2

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

9 hours ago, G.J.S said:

Cannot confirm, works fine for me:

Screenshot - Mon 28 Jun , 12_26_06.jpg

1 hour ago, LetMePickThat said:

I am not using this mod myself, please provide me with a link and I'll see why that happens. 

Just in case:

https://cam.em-key.de/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307071/

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads

BETA 1.3 released.

I reverted all SAM revetments to the Fixed Object category. Unfortunately, Ground Units aren't stackable, so that category can't be used for all props intended to raise other units.

That means that these revetments can't be saved as part of a template. I had to pick the lesser of two evils, so I chose the one that maintains the basic function of elevated revetment: raising other units above ground level. All non-revetment objects are still declared as Ground Units, and therefore can be saved. This includes all HESCO barriers, fences, camo nets, etc.

I am interested in your opinion though.

12 minutes ago, Minsky said:

Cannot confirm, works fine for me

Just in case:

https://cam.em-key.de/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307071/

Thanks, I'll give it a shot just to see what conflicts could arise.

Edited by LetMePickThat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, LetMePickThat said:

BETA 1.3 released.

I reverted all SAM revetments to the Fixed Object category. Unfortunately, Ground Units aren't stackable, so that category can't be used for all props intended to raise other units.

That means that these revetments can't be saved as part of a template. I had to pick the lesser of two evils, so I chose the one that maintains the basic function of elevated revetment: raising other units above ground level. All non-revetment objects are still declared as Ground Units, and therefore can be saved. This includes all HESCO barriers, fences, camo nets, etc.

I am interested in your opinion though.

Dang!

Guess it is what it is then.

Anyway,my .02 ...

- Have them all in both groups with a Warning for the User that some might not work there

- Have only the elevated Revetments in the Object Category, so one could still build a complete Template not using the elevated ones

- Pester ED to make Static Objects groupable

- Pester ED to make Ground Units stackable

My favorite would be No.2, but I deal with whatever I get and am happy that we have something at least.

• Like 1

52d_Sig_Pic3.png

15 hours ago, =52d= Skip said:

My favorite would be No.2, but I deal with whatever I get and am happy that we have something at least.

I thought about doing that, the issue would then be that some people would be unaware that some revetments aren't at the same place as the others. I'd rather avoid splitting revetments.

The rationale behind that is also that while HESCO and props won't change between, say, Caucasus and Syria, revetments would have to be replaced anyway, making saving them in the template less important imho.

5 hours ago, Ian Boys UK said:

Seems the EWR Generic Radar tower doesn't function as EWR.

Thanks for the feedback. Can you confirm that the other radars do have the EWR tasking available? If so, then I'll take a look at what I broke. If they don't, then update to the latest release of the mod. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LetMePickThat said:

Thanks for the feedback. Can you confirm that the other radars do have the EWR tasking available? If so, then I'll take a look at what I broke. If they don't, then update to the latest release of the mod. 

Yes the others seem to work, just that one tower.

@LetMePickThat thanks a lot for an outstanding Mod .. I've played with it a bit and find it really really nice for adding ambiance to our scenarios, for example:

vdlK3ti.jpg

It is for me one of the "must-have" Mods that I have always loaded, alongside with the VPC Airfield Mod, the CAM/MAM, Suntsag's Nato Soldiers .. truly essential Mods 👍 Cheers,

Eduardo

PD: To make for an easy way to select which objects to use, I edited a small Catalog document, attached in case someone else may find it useful.

Edit: Updated the document to correspond with version 1.4 of the Mod. because of size, it can no longer be attached .. download from this link:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26h_NhDz9xfTrUFG7lLQ?e=ShKyBu

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

12 hours ago, Чарик80 said:

These are the machines that radiate and are seen through Phantasmagoria.Screen_210708_232936.png

You added some of the High Digit SAM mod units as well, but yes: the P-37, 1L119 and 55G6U work fine as radar and EWRs. The radar tower needs to be reworked to have the EWR task added, I'm planning to do that soon (tm).

On 7/6/2021 at 11:10 PM, Rudel_chw said:

@LetMePickThat thanks a lot for an outstanding Mod .. I've played with it a bit and find it really really nice for adding ambiance to our scenarios, for example:

PD: To make for an easy way to select which objects to use, I edited a small Catalog document, attached in case someone else may find it useful.

Catalog of SAM Sites Assets Pack.pdf 4.6 MB · 54 downloads

@Strigoi_dkis the one you should thank. He's making the 3D models, I'm just putting together the associated code. Also, good work on the catalog, I might do something similar for next releases.

Edited by LetMePickThat
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LetMePickThat said:

@Strigoi_dkis the one you should thank. He's making the 3D models, I'm just putting together the associated code. Also, good work on the catalog, I might do something similar for next releases.

OK, Kudos to both of you, for such an outstanding Mod. 👍

If you are going to do a new release, I'd love if you could add a Wallpaper for your Mod, as a small finishing detail 🙏, like the CAM mod does:

cMWQFuR.jpg

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 hours ago, LetMePickThat said:

Currently testing the new build.

Smooth sailing so far.

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.07.09 - 23.27.30.47.jpg

Hi,

Some personal mod or it can be downloaded? (lift truck with JDAM). Thank you.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.