NIGHT LIGHTING

CHSStarKiller

Any chance the deck crew will get wands for the night lighting?  Also better night lighting to better match night ops?

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

Specifically…

What are the items planned for after Early Access release?

• Deck crew glow sticks for night operations

…so yes, but not any time soon.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Will probably be old and grey before this happens?

• Like 6

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

On 7/9/2021 at 11:06 PM, Skysurfer said:

Heck, it'd be great if lights turned off after a night-to-day transition....

They do.....they also turn on from a day-to-night transition. 

What doesn't happen, unfortunately, is a switch between CASE I/III. 

6 hours ago, Nealius said:

They do.....they also turn on from a day-to-night transition. 

What doesn't happen, unfortunately, is a switch between CASE I/III. 

Interesting. Haven't seen this working properly on my end yet. And yes the CASE I/III thing is annoying. Like, why have the comms for it if it's not even adapting to the current WX and lighting?

Edited by Skysurfer

i was wondering why the carrier dont turn on runway light in CASE II in poor visibly (like rain and fog), when you cant see nothing. In this situation CASE II is even harder to land from CASE III.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 3:19 AM, VDV said:

i was wondering why the carrier dont turn on runway light in CASE II in poor visibly (like rain and fog), when you cant see nothing. In this situation CASE II is even harder to land from CASE III.

CASE II is not done in poor visiblity. That should be CASE III. 

• 3 months later...

The night lighting is all off, We never used yellow or white lights  the floods were all a Blue almost Blacklight, The center line lights are ALWAYS on Day, Night Case 1,2,3 we always had them on maybe turned low or high depending on conditions, We ALWAYS face into the wind  

When was this use of Blue flood lights, may I ask? It's only been 3 years since I retired but I remember the floods were yellow-amber colored. All around the island.  The centerline lights stayed off during the day unless Case 3 and only came on for recovery in such conditions or at night (I worked in Primary once upon a time). There was a certain light setting during Combat FOD walkdowns that I remember appeared blue, but that was rare!

• Like 2

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

It is ridiculous that after 20mths since release we still don't have wands and reflective vests on the crew for night ops....but they are pulling out all stops for the Air Boss station and briefing room!!! I still don't get where the priorities lie.

Edited by MustangSally
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

On 11/14/2021 at 11:01 PM, Nealius said:

I’m wishing those floods were off. I want pitch-black CASE III with nothing but the dim landing area lights. 

The problem with the flood lights in DCS is that they are constant. If I recall, we had 2 or 3 different light settings (IRL) in primary. The lights that you see on the SC are pretty standard but there is no variation. I'm not sure if it had to do with ambient lighting or whatever and what setting. I just remember the Boss yelling for it. He had a certain setting for the aft lights, and another for the forward. Maybe this new Air Boss Station will allow for that.

• Like 1

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

16.11.2021 в 04:08, MustangSally сказал:

It is ridiculous that after 20mths since release we still don't have wands and reflective vests on the crew for night ops....but they are pulling out all stops for the Air Boss station and briefing room!!! I still don't get where the priorities lie.

And the carrier burble, cockpit glass fogging, the TRANSONIC CONE still missing for supersonic planes ffs... All actually present in existing third-party modules, and the source code is in ED's possession so they don't even have to invent the wheel, but here's a simulation of a virtual room for virtual conversations that you and the bois absolutely cannot have on Skype, Discord or whatever right as you actually fly the thing in your limited 2-3 hours after work or study.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Nealius said:

I thought the Airboss station was only for Combined Arms or online?

My understanding is that all you will need is the SC.

On 11/15/2021 at 9:08 PM, MustangSally said:

I agree the wait is long, but after news regarding the major update to Ai animations/behavior/collision model being implemented on SC deck crew, I wonder if that could be contributing to the holdup?  

On 11/9/2021 at 7:17 AM, Jackjack171 said:

When was this use of Blue flood lights, may I ask? It's only been 3 years since I retired but I remember the floods were yellow-amber colored. All around the island.  The centerline lights stayed off during the day unless Case 3 and only came on for recovery in such conditions or at night (I worked in Primary once upon a time). There was a certain light setting during Combat FOD walkdowns that I remember appeared blue, but that was rare!

Hey JackJack, so during my last deployment on Stennis as the Mini, we had low level blue floods aft of the island. Forward had low ambers...you're right forward and aft have different settings for when Boss yells "SET RECOVERY LIGHTS". The low level blues are so low that they are worthless if you come topside from underneath the ship and your eyes haven't adjusted...but if you're in the junkyard pre-flighting a Hawkeye (like I used to do...) they are JUST enough to not trip over tie-downs...most of the time!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Discord:https://discord.gg/b8AgE5m

On 11/15/2021 at 8:08 PM, MustangSally said:

Virtual safety is not a priority sir. There is no QA on the DCS Supercarrier 😜

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

is there any news on what should be a core quality of life aspect of the supercarrier? night time launches are unnecessarily difficult.

Even a basic light source emanating from the deck crew until the desired quality is better than the nothing we currently have

• Like 2