[NOTBUG] Time to waypoint not working?

Tinchus2009

image.png

When I set waypoints using the mark technique (puting a mark named WPT1 and WPT2 for example on the map), then I load the data cartridg and the waypoint correctly are added to my route. But as you can see when I set the waypoint, in the case in the image you can see IM going to waypoint 2, the ETA to that wapoint is --:--, according to the manual the HUD should indicate me how many minutes I have till arriving. Look at the image, in the HUDs right bottom corner the ET is --:--

Edited by uboats

• uboats changed the title to [NOTBUG] Time to waypoint not working?

But then why the waypoints created through mission editor does show you the arrival time to each waypoint? In fact that calculation is dinamically done depending on your speed. That feature IS working, but only if the waypoints are created through the mission editor.

In theory, creating the waypoints using marcs in the F10 map, should be same, because those waypoints are loaded into the data cartridge by ground crew, so whay it should be a difference?

6 hours ago, Tinchus2009 said:

But then why the waypoints created through mission editor does show you the arrival time to each waypoint? In fact that calculation is dinamically done depending on your speed. That feature IS working, but only if the waypoints are created through the mission editor.

In theory, creating the waypoints using marcs in the F10 map, should be same, because those waypoints are loaded into the data cartridge by ground crew, so whay it should be a difference?

Please go through the DCS Manual and the ME chapter will tell more details of the WPT with estimated arrival time, etc

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 1:03 AM, uboats said:

Please go through the DCS Manual and the ME chapter will tell more details of the WPT with estimated arrival time, etc

But Im not talking about the ME, Im talking about the module not reporting the arrival time to a waypoint as the user manual says it should:

In the attached image you can see what the manual says, and the time is calculated by the ME and the HUD shows the delta between the time calculated by ME and the actual time. THAT it is working. BUT, if I use the F10 map, and mark a location with WPT1, the delta time is not calculated as you can see in the image at the start of the post.
The mission editor plays the role of the ground crew in this situation since it is the "ground crew"who loads the  data into the cartridge, should we have the arrival time calculated also? It soud like the module is depending enterile on the use of the mission editor as a way to calculate the arrival time to a waypoint

delta_time.png

On 7/15/2021 at 4:43 AM, Tinchus2009 said:

as the user manual says

that looks like chucks guide to me. its unofficial community-made guide, not module manual. its contents are derived from observed gameplay, not prescriptive of how the game/aircraft should behave.

TOT cannot be automatically calculated for F10 marks because there isnt a way to specify airspeed or time for them, unlike mission editor waypoints. you must enter TOT manually for these waypoints in cockpit.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

45 minutes ago, dorianR666 said:

that looks like chucks guide to me. its unofficial community-made guide, not module manual. its contents are derived from observed gameplay, not prescriptive of how the game/aircraft should behave.

TOT cannot be automatically calculated for F10 marks because there isnt a way to specify airspeed or time for them, unlike mission editor waypoints. you must enter TOT manually for these waypoints in cockpit.

Well, yes, Chucks is like the most comlete manual out there, the offcicial one is like msssing a lot of information.

Back t the issue: it doesnt sound logical and what you describe is not what we see in the module: If I set the waypoint in the ME, then the arrival time is calculated... but that calculation is not static: if you accelerato and move faster, the arrival time is modified in the HUD. If you go slower the delta time is calculated again. So: the time is calulated onlive, is not just a number we get at the start of the mssion. The onboard computer is the one doint this calulation based on a GPS posicion + speed. So the assumption that the arrival time is set only by the ME editor is not correct.

We can leave this issue like it is now, but every other player that has seen my JF module has pointed this like a bug. We smust take as correct that a 4th generation figther can not compute the arrival time to a GPS location and that we must do the calculation by hand? something is wrng here...

Ah, I get it now. I got confused by your screenshot pointing at the mission editor ETA field. Thats there mostly to setup TOT with the checkbox on the right.

What you describe is weird indeed and sounds like a bug.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

It's not planned TOA, it's the delta whether you are on time or earlier or delayed

without given planned arrival time for the WPT, you cannot calculate the delta.

F10 mark is a single label name parser, you cannot set the planned arrival time

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |