good old KA-50's Georgian Oil War

Niehorst

I just tried this old one with the Hind and had a very exciting offensive CAS. In fact it was more "CAS" than ever before with this ugly beast. no hovering and scanning for targets but going in circle by circle and throwing ATGM's at those T72's while our comrades T80's advanced on their position right under me.

Give it a try!

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

It occurred to me to try this as well. How'd you convert it? I've built a fair few missions but never bothered with the campaign side of things.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

Guys, it's so easy...

First of all I copied the KA-50 campaign folder to the Mi-24 mission Folder.

Start the campaign and in briefing open the flight planner. There you can see the filename of the first mission in the lower left corner.. Some time ago the ME opened the last loaded mission automatically. Now you have to do it like this. Go to the mission editor and open that file.

Look for your player flight and change it to Mi-24P, set your weapon loadout, save and you're done!

Want to fly the campaign in MP? Simply set the player flight and his wingman to client.

I know there are a lot of guys who never touch the ME for some reason.

That makes the DCS world so much smaller for them...

Changing the aircraft type in an existing mission, or the weather or the starting time is a matter of a few clicks!!!

• Like 2

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

Ugh I gotta install bs2 to do this.

How well are the scenarios translating?  I figure they must translate pretty well.

Has anyone been able to change everything for the entire campaign so it can be played as such?

Besides the obvious 'playground' or 'sandbox' missions I found a DCE campaign is great to generate missions.

However you will get murdered by fixed wing and even the more pedestrian enemy targets are lethal to you.  Difficulty is extreme 

On 6/27/2021 at 12:30 AM, sublime said:

Ugh I gotta install bs2 to do this.

How well are the scenarios translating?  I figure they must translate pretty well.

Has anyone been able to change everything for the entire campaign so it can be played as such?

Besides the obvious 'playground' or 'sandbox' missions I found a DCE campaign is great to generate missions.

However you will get murdered by fixed wing and even the more pedestrian enemy targets are lethal to you.  Difficulty is extreme 

I am currently playtesting my conversion of the default Huey campaign. Change the aircraft, put on the equivalent weapons. Change the fuel and livery, and you are half way there. The next step is going through all of the triggers to make sure that they are compatible with the Hind. Notably, I have to change the "User has put the engine to idle after landing" argument. I am also taking out the "door open" trigger arguments because I have no idea how to get to the crew doors in the Hind. Last step is to playtest. The biggest unexpected hangup were the "tune frequency 123 now" parts of the missions. Luckily both of the choppers have similar ADF radios (similar enough). I have yet to get to to the UHF tuning missions, so I expect to hit a slight hickup there. We shall see. Overall the changes have been trivial. Let's hope it stays that way 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stuart666 said:

This sounds like a great idea, but where is the Oil Wars campaign in the DCS directory? The DCS folder system is a nightmare to navigate.

`\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Missions\Campaigns`

• Like 1