WINDOWS 11 Compatibility

On 1/4/2022 at 11:13 AM, westr said:

I’ve just ordered a new pc and they can only pre install windows 11 on it so hopefully I will find dcs works like some have said. If not I will have to format and reinstall windows 10. 

Just make sure your drivers are updated, and you shouldn't have any issues. 

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Windows 11 is Windows 10 plus or minus some features. The drivers and whatnot are exactly the same. I know this because when I updated to Windows 11, literally NOTHING else was updated.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

On 1/8/2022 at 10:53 PM, PLUTON said:

What is the best version of the nvidia driver?🤔

I just went with the latest. No issues with it.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

So my new system is running beautifully with most modules after some playing around. Initially was getting around 65fps in VR Win 11 with my new rig. I had very high settings 4X MSAA textures high water high shadows medium, high terrain textures, terrain distance medium, clouds high.

Despite the decent fps looking side to side I noticed unacceptable juddering. Motion smoothing didn't help. However enabling motion vector in reprojection options has given me incredibly smooth performance, FPS is set at 45fps but looking side to side and the way objects rush towards and past me is better than I have ever experienced, very pleased. I have high hopes for channel map once it downloads as i've never been able to enjoy it in VR, fingers crossed. HBs F14 is still the worst offender and despite my rig I cant run the Tomcat to anywhere near the settings I have for say the Hornet or the Harrier. So I have some playing around to do to see what sort of graphics settings I can apply for that. I noticed that GPU scheduling is on by default in Win 11. I have turned it off and shall see if that makes a difference.   

Edit: GPU Scheduling with Win11 seems to be of benefit where as with Win 10 it seemed to hamper performance 

i9 11900k @ 4.20ghz

64gb DDR4 3600 memory

GeForce RTX 3080

HP Reverb G1

Edited by westr
  • Like 1

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 2 weeks later...

Smooth as butter on mine..

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• 1 month later...

There is a Windows app 'Windows PChealth setup' which tells you if your PC is Win 11 compatible or not. Like mine isn't because I don't have TPM2 ( whatever that is) and my processor is an old and poor little i5-6402. But Win 10 is supported till Oct 2024 so why worry? I have other legacy games like UT3 and FSX 32 bit. Now I don't want to keep asking if they will work on Win 11 or not. Best of luck to all flyers.