[RESOLVED] Can't change Laser code, and mismatch between ME and Kneeboard

jonsky7

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this at the minute, but I can't change the laser codes via the kneeboard, the keybinds are set and are recognised when I press the keys in the keybinds window. The engine was off, it was a hot start on the ramp, and I shut the engine down and waiting till 00 rpm showing and a bit more. I can however change the Matra burst count, and the defa burst time.

Also, when setting the Laser code in the mission editor, the code in the kneeboard is not the same.

The code in the editor successful followed my JTAC laser.

Screen_210624_173734.png

Screen_210624_174557.png

Edited by jonsky7
  • Like 2

• myHelljumper changed the title to [PENDING UPDATE] Can't change Laser code, and mismatch between ME and Kneeboard

i'm having the same issue.

F-5E works, M-2000C don't.

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • myHelljumper changed the title to [RESOLVED] Can't change Laser code, and mismatch between ME and Kneeboard

Yes it was fixed in the last update

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

• 2 years later...

As of 11/17/2023, the changing of parameters like laser code and SNEB salvos are broken. I verified all pre-reqs were met, and tested with all laser ordinances, and rockets, with separate loadouts. 

This system works in the F-5 currently, but the M-2000Cs kneeboard system is not responsive.

There is a completely new ground crew menu. The only problem with it on my side is that it's only clickable with the mouse. I'm in VR with mouse buttons bound to HOTAS and centered mouse cursor in the VR headset, i can't interact with the menu with this configuration.

• Thanks 1

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2023 at 9:40 AM, RealDCSpilot said:

There is a completely new ground crew menu. The only problem with it on my side is that it's only clickable with the mouse. I'm in VR with mouse buttons bound to HOTAS and centered mouse cursor in the VR headset, i can't interact with the menu with this configuration.

There are new DCS binds that allow highlighting a F10 menu item in yellow and selecting it. It's perfect for use with a clickable encoder or clickable wheel, and I enabled it on my throttle side encoder and grip clickable wheel, now I can interact with the F10 menu hands on throttle and stick. It's a very good improvement on 2.9 for VR users.

Still you need a mouse for interacting with the new configuration panel, but it's exactly like the rearm menu, for which a mouse is always mandatory? The idea behind it is unifying rearming and ground aircraft configuration interfaces.

On 11/18/2023 at 7:55 AM, WhiskeyNein said:

As of 11/17/2023, the changing of parameters like laser code and SNEB salvos are broken. I verified all pre-reqs were met, and tested with all laser ordinances, and rockets, with separate loadouts. 

This system works in the F-5 currently, but the M-2000Cs kneeboard system is not responsive.

The whole kneeboard system has been removed for configuring laser codes, and burst lengths.

There is a new ground crew configuration panel for this now, and it's much clearer and easier. It also allows setting the Mode 2 IFF code.

In the next release, a Mission Editor setting was also added for setting Mode 2 codes.

Edited by Kercheiz