Western Style Aircraft Shelters

shaggy

Download Mod Here:

http://www.virtualavia.com/Lockon/Western_Hardened_Aircraft _Shelter.rar

Install With Latest Modman!!!

About:

This is a replacement model of the standard Russian aircraft shelter situated on most airfields. This mod adds the western style aircraft shelters instead to make Lock On

more western. So with the western runway mod and tower voice sound packs i think you can get a very nice looking western aiport in lock on now.

The Shelter model was modelled by me Björn Evans and Petter Hovland of the virtual red arrows, and its modelled according to pictures of

British HAS Shelters.

Any questions contact me on msn or on mail : wally_boy2@hotmail.com

Best Wishes

Björn Evans

RED 4 Shaggy

Feel free to upload the mod on any other Lock On site such as virtual-jabog32 and Lock on files.

Some Pictures:

ScreenShot_087.jpg

ScreenShot_088.jpg

ScreenShot_089.jpg

ScreenShot_090.jpg

ScreenShot_091.jpg

ScreenShot_092.jpg

ScreenShot_093.jpg

Best Wishes

Shaggy

• Like 1

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.virtualredarrows.com

I just test it. Very nice indeed !

I nocticed the install is OK on a proper install of LO but, the textures inside the hangar are missing if you've got the Merzifon 1.3 already installed. I've not time today (and myabe i'm not skilled enough) to investigate for a compatibility patch. If someone has an idea, tell us :)

once again, thx Shaggy for this great 3D model

The inside is beautiful !!!

ScreenShot_000.jpg

The exteriors are really cool to :)

lockon_000.jpg

lockon_001.jpg

But, as i said, with the Merzifon mod (I guess), the inside textures are missing :

lockon_002.jpg

Edited by Lotham

Lothamroth - www.Lockon.Fr - Vimeo Channel - Youtube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm i had the texture problem on the outside metal with TOMCATZ parking space mod, so when i uninstalled that it worked just fine. So you could try that and se if it works. And really most of the work goes to crow, im justa basic modeler and painter.

BW

Shaggy

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ja alex det ska du kunna göra, bode fungera utmärkt med version 1.02 :)

Yepp it should work with version 1.02 :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hie, me again. I've find a way to get the indoor textures with a modded installed.

On a french forum, a CinC (I cannot translete that,he will recognize himself lol), noticed that the "fence" (sorry for my english) bites on the taxiway as you can see on this pic :

lockon_000.jpg

I guess it's because of a LO restriction, but if not it will be great to make it backup a littlebit...

Obvisouly, I write all of that because you talked about modifying your mod but my point is not to be the man who do nothing and says do that, do this and quick please... Not my point at all.

Many thanx for this model which is beautiful :thumbup:

Lothamroth - www.Lockon.Fr - Vimeo Channel - Youtube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the input Lotham. But the fact is that the doorstep of the hangar is on the right position, if we move it back further we will have grass between the hangar and the taxiway. that's why it is like that.

BW

Shaggy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the input Lotham. But the fact is that the doorstep of the hangar is on the right position, if we move it back further we will have grass between the hangar and the taxiway. that's why it is like that.

BW

Shaggy

I think Lotham (and the "CinC" :D) don't speak about the door position ;)

but the metalic parts front of the door is maybe too "big"

because it "bites" on the taxiway

take a look to the attach image

it's the lotham's screen "modified"

red line is the angle for metalical frame :)

(sorry for my english ;))

lockon_000.jpg.4f6e833eeaa5cee084ed32003d4580f8.jpg

I think Lotham (and the "CinC" :D) don't speak about the door position ;)

but the metalic parts front of the door is maybe too "big"

because it "bites" on the taxiway

take a look to the attach image

it's the lotham's screen "modified"

red line is the angle for metalical frame :)

(sorry for my english ;))

The angle should be correct so i still dont know what you are talking about.

HitchHikingFlatlander..... I also wonder that question. is there a way to open those hangars or can only the ai do it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree with Cpt Starks point, the doors are too close to the taxi-ways, aircraft moving in and out of the hangars catch their wingtips on the door frames and if you have the trees mod installed there are trees inside some of the hangars on some airfields. I appreciate that is a size thing and there is little you can do about it.

You could, if you wanted to, change it's name to replace the existing medium sized hangar type. It appears to be about the same length as that so it should slot in easily.

That said, this is a damn fine piece of work and I think it is right up there with the very best the community has created so far, well done mate, very impressed.

HitchHikingFlatlander..... I also wonder that question. is there a way to open those hangars or can only the ai do it?
Only AI can do it.

You have the option of using F2 to swap to view of an AI still in the HAS and using ALT/J to Jump into his cockpit, and then taxi out of the HAS. Fun to do once or twice.....

When returning, you have to wait till the AI is close enough that the doors open for him, then Jump into his cockpit and taxi in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Only AI can do it.

You have the option of using F2 to swap to view of an AI still in the HAS and using ALT/J to Jump into his cockpit, and then taxi out of the HAS. Fun to do once or twice.....

When returning, you have to wait till the AI is close enough that the doors open for him, then Jump into his cockpit and taxi in.

I'll take that as a NO then too silly the other way! Would be cool once or twice though. I'm the kind of player that digs taxiing, take offs and landings and other boring aspects of flight!