Throttle radio button Volume/channels

Hello,

I saw that someone configure the radio buttons (E1 + E2), for volume and when he presses it, for moving channels up and down.

I managed to do the volume, but when I want to combine press and turn to channels up and down, it is not registered in DCS.

How can you do that?

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

I would imagine that in DCS the push of the encoder has been set as the "shift" function for the CCW and CW turn of the encoder.

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-10600k, 2X512GB NvME, AMD 6900 XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

Set the "press" of the knob as a SWITCH in the MODIFIERS panel (bottom left of Controls options page).  Then, press and release it before you bind the channel up/down bindings (it will show up as two buttons (in my case JoyBtn80 + JoyBtn98) in the binding).  You will need to press it again to remove the shifted state and bind it to the volume (which in my example would show up just as JoyBtn80 as the binding).  You just have to watch because there is no indicator which state the shift is in.  When you want to change the channel, press the knob to set it to "channel mode" then press it again to set it back to "volume mode".  I use a different button (rather than pressing the knob which I use for other things) because I only need one button to shift both Comm 1 and Comm 2 (no use tying up two different buttons)

The other possible option (and I doubt it will work) is to assign the press a MODIFIER rather than a SWITCH.  In this case you would need to have it held down while you turned the knob.  I'm guessing that the throttle likely wouldn't send both the press and turn of the knob at the same time, so you'll likely need to use the 1st option (but I could be wrong on that, so try it and see if you want).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2021 at 8:07 PM, rob10 said:

Set the "press" of the knob as a SWITCH in the MODIFIERS panel (bottom left of Controls options page).  Then, press and release it before you bind the channel up/down bindings (it will show up as two buttons (in my case JoyBtn80 + JoyBtn98) in the binding).  You will need to press it again to remove the shifted state and bind it to the volume (which in my example would show up just as JoyBtn80 as the binding).  You just have to watch because there is no indicator which state the shift is in.  When you want to change the channel, press the knob to set it to "channel mode" then press it again to set it back to "volume mode".  I use a different button (rather than pressing the knob which I use for other things) because I only need one button to shift both Comm 1 and Comm 2 (no use tying up two different buttons)

The other possible option (and I doubt it will work) is to assign the press a MODIFIER rather than a SWITCH.  In this case you would need to have it held down while you turned the knob.  I'm guessing that the throttle likely wouldn't send both the press and turn of the knob at the same time, so you'll likely need to use the 1st option (but I could be wrong on that, so try it and see if you want).

got it working!! Thank you!!

(sorry for the late respons)

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong