I wish the helmet target system in DCS 6 degree cockpit is so.

fulcrum251

I wish the helmet target system in DCS's 6 degree cockpit is so.when you press "5" key,the helmet aiming glass put down,and when you zoom in or zoom out,the HUD and instrument panel are bigger or smaller,but helmet aiming ring is same size,and it is blur.

I have drawn 2 picture.:smilewink:

helmet1.jpg

helmet2.jpg

helmet3.jpg

Edited by fulcrum251

:pilotfly:fly and fight

= China 3GO Cyber Air Force =

The Helmet Mounted Disply is projected onto your Flight helmets visor and not the HUD, and therefore the same distance from your eyes whether you zoom in or not.

So it will always be the same size, zoomed or not.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.dfa-squadron.co.uk

My rig:Intel i5 2500K @4.5Ghz ,ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe,MSI 1080 GTX Gaming X edition,16gig Cosair DDR3 2400Mhz RAM, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog/Saitek pro pedals,TrackIR4

The Helmet Mounted Disply is projected onto your Flight helmets visor and not the HUD, and therefore the same distance from your eyes whether you zoom in or not.

So it will always be the same size, zoomed or not.:thumbup:

Incorrect, you mean when you - pan your view forward, and backward (lean forward or backward). Zooming is a diffrent issue - it is magnifying your entire view.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Incorrect, you mean when you - pan your view forward, and backward (lean forward or backward). Zooming is a diffrent issue - it is magnifying your entire view.

yeh, sorry shamandog i misunderstood his question.:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.dfa-squadron.co.uk

My rig:Intel i5 2500K @4.5Ghz ,ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe,MSI 1080 GTX Gaming X edition,16gig Cosair DDR3 2400Mhz RAM, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog/Saitek pro pedals,TrackIR4

misunderstood?

In game pan your view forward or backward IS zoom in or zoom out.

The helmet aiming glass is fixed on your head,so it should not change when you pan or zoom.

Edited by fulcrum251

:pilotfly:fly and fight

= China 3GO Cyber Air Force =

misunderstood?

The helmet aiming glass is fixed on your head,so it should not change when you pan or zoom.

I think you still don't understand what ZOOM does, it changes your field of view in degrees, in this case, everything changes its size in relation to computer screen.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

In game pan your view forward or backward IS zoom in or zoom out.

No, zoom means your head position stays the same, only the field of view changes. So, everything in the cockpit remains in the same position, including the HUD and cockpit panel - and the helmet sight. So, when you zoom, everything appears to "get closer" as the field of view narrows. "Everything" includes the helmet sight, so it too appears to "get closer."

On the other hand, if you move your head forward or back, like you can in a 6DoF cockpit, the field of view remains the same, but everything in the cockpit moves relative to you POV. However, because the helmet sight remains attached to your head, it does not change it's angular dimensions and remains the same size.

All of this works properly in Black Shark.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules