How can I switch the type of rocket launch?

huchanronaa

1 hour ago, huchanronaa said:

Since the manual is not easy to understand, how can I switch the type of rocket launch?

If you mix different rocket types, they won't work. Exceptions are:

- S-5 and S-8 together works, but only manual aim is possible

- Different types of S-8 works, but again, only manual aiming will be available.

With this out of the way, if you carry different S-8 types, how to switch between them? Well you load them under different wings. Like S-8KOM under the left wing and S-8OFP2 under the right wing. Then you can choose which to shoot with rockets left/right/both switch on pilot's weapons control panel.

• Like 3

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

So coming up on this:

There is no way to select the active pylon?

Let's assume I have 4 pods loaded, and I only want to shoot half of them on the first target 

There is no other way then going left wing / right wing? So no "let's shoot pylon 3 & 4 first?

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

56 minutes ago, Viking 1-1 said:

So coming up on this:

There is no way to select the active pylon?

Let's assume I have 4 pods loaded, and I only want to shoot half of them on the first target 

There is no other way then going left wing / right wing? So no "let's shoot pylon 3 & 4 first?

As far as I know, no. Although we have pylon lights on the weapons panel, so makes one wonder.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

What I know, only left and right is possible (so use the same type).

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Please use weapon presets in mission editor to avoid possible Mi-24P weapon system conflicts (same as IRL).

The ed release notes are as above. It is speculated that the rocket can only be loaded with the same. It seems that some bugs still need to be resolved, and now I can only look forward to the correction file

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WinterH said:

With this out of the way, if you carry different S-8 types, how to switch between them? Well you load them under different wings. Like S-8KOM under the left wing and S-8OFP2 under the right wing. Then you can choose which to shoot with rockets left/right/both switch on pilot's weapons control panel.

Interesting. Are you sure this works?

I found that loading KOM on the inner hardpoints and OFP on the outer hardpoints allowed firing all four rocket pods at once.

However, loading KOM on the left hardpoint, and OFP on the matching right hardpoint meant that they wouldn't fire. Selecting just the left or right rocket pods didn't help.

2 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

Please use weapon presets in mission editor to avoid possible Mi-24P weapon system conflicts (same as IRL).

The ed release notes are as above. It is speculated that the rocket can only be loaded with the same. It seems that some bugs still need to be resolved, and now I can only look forward to the correction file

I think this is actually an attempt to model the limitations of the real aircraft.

It appears that the S-24 and S-13 can't be used with anything else (except maybe drop tanks).

There are a few other mixtures which aren't shown though. It seems that S-5, S-8, bombs, and gunpods can usually be mixed - albeit with some limitations (e.g. I haven't gotten S-8OFP and S-8KOM to fire from opposite hardpoints, however both can be carried if they are on inner vs. outer hardpoints). The GUV pods can also be mounted asymmetrically (e.g. with a drop tank on the other hardpoint).

3 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

I found that loading KOM on the inner hardpoints and OFP on the outer hardpoints allowed firing all four rocket pods at once.

However, loading KOM on the left hardpoint, and OFP on the matching right hardpoint meant that they wouldn't fire. Selecting just the left or right rocket pods didn't help.

I have tried with illumination rockets under one wing, and OFP under the other as far as I recall, and it worked. I do think it would work with KOM + OFP too, but maybe not, difference is probably they both normally work with automatic ballistic computer, with different trajectories, so having both on may confuse the system perhaps. Will try soon, got me curious.

But then, it's really strange if mixed KOM +OFP on both wings work, but separate version doesn't.

DCS-Dismounts Script

16 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

I think this is actually an attempt to model the limitations of the real aircraft.

It appears that the S-24 and S-13 can't be used with anything else (except maybe drop tanks).

There are a few other mixtures which aren't shown though. It seems that S-5, S-8, bombs, and gunpods can usually be mixed - albeit with some limitations (e.g. I haven't gotten S-8OFP and S-8KOM to fire from opposite hardpoints, however both can be carried if they are on inner vs. outer hardpoints). The GUV pods can also be mounted asymmetrically (e.g. with a drop tank on the other hardpoint).

Ok, just tested, and KOM under one wing, and OFP under the other works.

Tested: Left only, right only, both, and they all fired. However, the difference to what you have described seems to be that I had KOM under BOTH of left wing pylons, and OFP under BOTH of right wing pylons, and you have tried only one hardpoint per wing from what I understand? I've tested with a ground hot start helo as opposed to a cold start, but that shouldn't make a difference.

And yes, I think they are modeling real world limitations. As far as I know you are not supposed to take more than 2 types of unguided weapons on Su-25 either for example, and only one type on Mirage 2000C etc, this is quite common actually for aircraft from 70s-80s from what I can see. S-13s being only valid for outer pylons, and can't take even bombs under inner pylons was a little sad for me, would love 8 shturms and 2 S-13 pods for example, but oh well, it is what it is :). It'd probably be too heavy anyway.

DCS-Dismounts Script