A small token of appreciation

Trying to assign controls in FS2020 made me appreciate how well executed this is in DCS.  And let's not speak of the way dat Microsoft handles VR (is it really necessary to just lock up the game because I haven't assigned VR reset...)

That's all. 

• Like 1

Trying to assign controls in FS2020 made me appreciate how well executed this is in DCS.  And let's not speak of the way dat Microsoft handles VR (is it really necessary to just lock up the game because I haven't assigned VR reset...)

That's all. 
Yeah!
At first DCS controls setyo looks intimidating, but once you get the hang of it, all else just looks past century.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Colt said:

And let's not speak of the way dat Microsoft handles VR (is it really necessary to just lock up the game because I haven't assigned VR reset...)

On the other hand, a simple click switches you from 2D to VR and back in that game. I'm still waiting for something like this DCS.

• Like 2

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Fully agree with OP, DCS controller setup is fantastic.

I wish others were close to as good.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

6 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

On the other hand, a simple click switches you from 2D to VR and back in that game. I'm still waiting for something like this DCS.

True, although as I hadn't set the VR reset command the program froze and I had to kill it and restart. And then the Oculus driver crashed windows.... So after a reboot and sitting through the endless checking for updates and load screens the third time was the charm.  And it does work pretty well once you have it up and running although I still need to tweak it to get the image a bit sharper. 

But you really can't beat VR for the sensation of being in the plane. Love it in the Hind as well. 

• Like 1