Rudder dampening switch.

Mpkevin

So I’ve been flying with the switch In the on position as it is suppose to give more precise control of the rudder for precision movement left and right, but I e found my rudder inputs are extremely sporadic and to twitchy. Even when I edit my rudder curve in axis tune. 

So I switch the dampener off and I find I have more precise control of yaw with the rudder. Take offs and landing are much smoother with it off as well as holding target for ATGMs.

anyone else notice this?

I believe this switch turns off the Yaw Autopilot. When you turn that switch off, you'll have to manually turn the Yaw Auto back on. Wags mentioned it's best to turn on the dampener when taxiing.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

On 6/25/2021 at 10:52 PM, Plokkum said:

I find it best to turn off the damper when taxiing. So much more direct control. It prevents me from swerving all over the runway because of the slow response.

.....or tipping over.  🤣

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU