Mi-24P ammo counter?

IcedVenom

Hello, does anyone happen to know where I can find the ammo counter for the 30mm gun and gun pods and rockets? The MiG-21bis has an ammo counter and so does the Mi-8 so I would think the Mi-24 would also have one, but no matter how hard I look I can not find an indicator showing how much ammo is left in the cockpit. Does anyone know?

Edited by IcedVenom

6 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

Hello, does anyone happen to know where I can find the ammo counter for the 30mm gun and gun pods and rockets? The MiG-21bis has an ammo counter and so does the Mi-8 so I would think the Mi-24 would also have one, but no matter how hard I look I can not find an indicator showing how much ammo is left in the cockpit. Does anyone know?

Mig-21Bis doesn't have an ammo counter. But that's beside the point. I believe I read that those counters are work-in-progress. Don't worry, they will come, but right now ED has more pressing issues and bugs to fix.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, zerO_crash said:

Mig-21Bis doesn't have an ammo counter. But that's beside the point. I believe I read that those counters are work-in-progress. Don't worry, they will come, but right now ED has more pressing issues and bugs to fix.

Oh that's right. War Thunder's MiG-21 has an ammo counter but not the more realistic DCS MiG-21bis. Thanks.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, zerO_crash said:

I hope they work on the operator's gunsight and firing the 30mm gun from the front seat. Just something I think would add to the co-pilots experience.

16 minutes ago, IcedVenom said:

I hope they work on the operator's gunsight and firing the 30mm gun from the front seat. Just something I think would add to the co-pilots experience.

Would be nice to have operational front sight and they will add it but I must disagree that it will add much to the copilot experience you already usually have 8 ATGMs (depending on mission of course) that co-pilot/operator

will deploy, also countermeasures management when they fix it and properly sync with pilot/server, on realistic comms servers using SRS to manage and off load radio communication from the pilot, while in combat zone adding to overall situational awareness at all times helping the pilot spot ground fire, manpad launches etc. There is a lot to do as operator and honestly fixed armaments would only be deployed by operator either if pilot is overwhelmed by something or has some kind of malfunction that prevents him to do it. I must say that so far I really enjoy flying/operating in Mi-24P equally as operator and pilot.

2 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

Indeed, but remember that the operator only has the simple sight for firing. The foldable fixed sight. I, as a pilot, use the fixed sight myself for firing any weapons, primarily because I got a good eye for predicting trajectory and also simplicity. Ease of use during combat. For sure there isn’t anything more advanced in the operator’s seat than fixed sight. You’ll have to get used to it mate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The gun's trajectory is so flat, gyro sight is usually unnecessary, or actually a distraction. So I'd agree front seat's simple sight being functional would give operator ample opportunity to employ the gun if need be.

4 minutes ago, zerO_crash said:

I, as a pilot, use the fixed sight myself for firing any weapons, primarily because I got a good eye for predicting trajectory and also simplicity.

I personally find fixed sight to be the actual tactically useful way to employ Hind's unguided weaponry, and the CCIP sight to be more of a nice mop-up tool once threats are clear. It can give decently accurate solutions in right conditions, but only at very close ranges, and on fairly flat terrain.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

14 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

Hello, does anyone happen to know where I can find the ammo counter for the 30mm gun and gun pods and rockets?

Comrade IcedVenom, you shoot until there is no more to shoot at!

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

3 minutes ago, WinterH said:

The gun's trajectory is so flat, gyro sight is usually unnecessary, or actually a distraction. So I'd agree front seat's simple sight being functional would give operator ample opportunity to employ the gun if need be.

I personally find fixed sight to be the actual tactically useful way to employ Hind's unguided weaponry, and the CCIP sight to be more of a nice mop-up tool once threats are clear. It can give decently accurate solutions in right conditions, but only at very close ranges, and on fairly flat terrain.

Precisely that 👍

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 minutes ago, WinterH said:

Agree. And that is how I have seen it used on some Mi-24 videos that you just put target at estimated position on sight and shoot, correct and shoot. But, the CCIP is as well used to snipe individuals on real simulator: https://youtu.be/3poFqNfFqVo?t=139

But that likely has a laser range finder.

2 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

It is coming in the Early Access period, to have that folded on sight for operator. All the systems should be simulated eventually.

1 hour ago, Fri13 said:

Agree. And that is how I have seen it used on some Mi-24 videos that you just put target at estimated position on sight and shoot, correct and shoot. But, the CCIP is as well used to snipe individuals on real simulator: https://youtu.be/3poFqNfFqVo?t=139

But that likely has a laser range finder.

It is coming in the Early Access period, to have that folded on sight for operator. All the systems should be simulated eventually.

Thanks for the video.
I see that they put gun pods on inner points and rockets in the middle. Currently in DCS with that kind of weapon load the rockets don't work.
I still don't know for sure if it's a bug or like that in the real helicopter, and this simulator is an upgraded variant.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

26 minutes ago, jojo said:

I still don't know for sure if it's a bug or like that in the real helicopter, and this simulator is an upgraded variant.

It is Mi-35P, with digitalized cockpit (you can see the digital moving map).

So likely there is something for the weapons selection or possible loadouts etc. 

48 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

It is Mi-35P, with digitalized cockpit (you can see the digital moving map).

So likely there is something for the weapons selection or possible loadouts etc. 

35 is just an export marking of 24. Only thing which is digitatlized is that moving a la ABRIS style moving map but everything else seems pretty much same as our DCS: Mi-24P

Helicopters don't fly, they just subdue the air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, SmukY said:

35 is just an export marking of 24. Only thing which is digitatlized is that moving a la ABRIS style moving map but everything else seems pretty much same as our DCS: Mi-24P

Those are with NVG compatible cockpits. And weapons can be modified by removed S-5 compatibility etc.

On 6/21/2021 at 8:26 PM, Grimleo said:

The ammo indicators are on the right side near the floor. They don't work with the 30mm cannon yet. Haven't tried GUV pods.

Ammo indicators.png

This is for external stores guns not for big boy we are carrying though.

Edited by Gierasimov

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

On 6/22/2021 at 6:38 PM, Gierasimov said:

This is for external stores guns not for big boy we are carrying though.

Are you sure ? There are 5 counters, the central one being labelled only with 30...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

7 minutes ago, jojo said:

Are you sure ? There are 5 counters, the central one being labelled only with 30...

Could be for GUV-AP-30 30mm grenade launcher pod too. It'd be nice if it is indeed for the onboard 30mm though.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

2 minutes ago, WinterH said:

Could be for GUV-AP-30 30mm grenade launcher pod too. It'd be nice if it is indeed for the onboard 30mm though.

You can only take 4 pods...5 counters !

Mirage fanatic !

Just now, jojo said:

You can only take 4 pods...5 counters !

2 x GUV-8700= 2x 7.62 and 2x 12.7 displays, and it could be lumping 30mms into one perhaps, I think it is sort of like that in Mi-8 but don't exactly recall.
But yeah, it could be that 30 is indeed for the GSh-2-30K as well, which would be a lot more useful if it is 🙂

DCS-Dismounts Script

The middle counter is indeed for 30mm cannon. It's marked 30x2 and shows numbers from 0 to 125. I'm not quite sure why, but, probably, it shows number of rounds per barrel. And our cannon is double barreled.

The outermost counters show either rounds left in 30mm GUV (30x1 marking) that hang on the pilons 1 and 4, or 7.62 mm machineguns in pods (7.62x4) hanging on pilons 2 and 3.

The second and forth counter are for 30mm GUV on pilons 2 and 3, or for 12.7mm machineguns (12.7x5) on pilons 2 and 3.

So, basically it means that counters can show amount of rounds left in 4 30mm GUVs, or 2 machinegun GUVs that are loaded onto inner pilons. And the main cannon, of course.

This information is already available in Russian version of the manual, so it will, probably, be added to English manual soon.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, jojo said:

Yes, sorry I missed that one. Looks not implemented though?

10 hours ago, VitMax said:

The middle counter is indeed for 30mm cannon. It's marked 30x2 and shows numbers from 0 to 125.

125? It shows 0 for me. Do I need to power it up or something? It looks mechanical and not electric operated...

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta