Change pre-set radio channels via kneeboard

Norsegunar

With the Hind's main radios being pre-set in the ME and not having a radio like the L-800L1 or the dialable R-863 like in the Mi-8, it would be nice to be able to change the pre-set freqs in game via the kneeboard for MP servers that don't pre-set them. 

• Like 12

Specs: It's a computer...it runs DCS....

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Heck, regardless of whether changing freqs on the kneeboard card is possible in the future, an autogenerated channel/freq list would be awesome...not just for the Hind, but for applicable radios in the Mi-8 and Ka-50 too.

Both of these suggestions are solid.

• Like 3

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

On 6/22/2021 at 1:09 AM, Raptor9 said:

Heck, regardless of whether changing freqs on the kneeboard card is possible in the future, an autogenerated channel/freq list would be awesome...not just for the Hind.

Yea, Either in the kneeboard like in the Viggen or in the cockpit like the Huey would help alot.

Huey. Intel X5660 4,2ghz, 24gb ddr3, gtx 1060 6gb

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Even better would be to eventually tie it into a mission planner, or have a ground crew menu that brings up the ME's configurator for it.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

+1 (MP) Mission designers sadly often give a flying flip flop about setting useful presets in ME. Or you are in a dynamic (sandbox) environment where you've got to change them according to what you want to do.

Would prefer a ground crew entry in the comms menu that pops up a window like the rearm and refuel one: plain Ch 1 through Ch x list for all the radios with a simple text field each to enter the frequency. Kneeboard option really is an always messy thing that works with weird keyboard shortcuts (Viggen roadbase dialog for example). Dialog should only be available when on ground (AB or FARP) and shut down.

Dialog could easily be reused for all the other modules with fixed presets too. Win-win.

This.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 month later...