R/BOL Harpoon Altitude Bug

Fargengru

Hello, I shall preface this with the fact that my tacview is installed incorrectly so unfortunately I don't have a tacview of the current instance of this issue, however I have an old one. I had not made a track file as this was multiplayer and I didn't think to. But I still have recordings of it happening.

The Issue: Some harpoons fired will simply climb until they kill themselves at 50,000 or higher. Current record of the two harpoons I've witnessed doing this is 66,000 feet.

This all occurred on the Syria at War server on multiplayer, Syria being the map. However I should point out I have experienced this bug once prior on the Persian Gulf map as well on Persian Gulf at War, so map doesn't seem to be relevant to the bug.

Process: What I did was I loaded up two harpoons on the 2 and 8 rack pylons and I flew off the carrier. Once airborne I began timing out the Harpoons on the stores page and I activated the SEA radar to find my target, which I did and locked onto successfully. I switched the Harpoons to the R/BOL mode and they successfully displayed the target information I was wanting, I set them both to fly at medium altitude with a skim setting for the terminal. Both missiles read the same information. I then launched from 60nm at a broadside stationary destroyer. Pylon 2's missile proceeded to pull up and climb to about 53,000 feet before its engine cut off, whereas pylon 8's missile flew properly at 15,000 feet for the journey and struck the target dead on.

The video is unlisted on my account for you to see.

I do not have any better way of providing evidence of it happening and unfortunately I had pressed the record button too late to demonstrate my own cockpit footage. However I hope that my description of what I had done should assist in figuring out the issue.

DCS Harpoon Bug Video.zip.acmi

• Like 1