Worth it on sale??? or wait another 6 months?

Gwalker99

The JF-17 was released " feature complete", waiting 6 months won't bring anything to the module, you should decide based on how interested you are in the aircraft and your wallet.

I haven't flown mine much (~12 hours) but that's down to the number of modules I own, rather than anything being "wrong" with the JF-17 - it's performed well in all the missions I've created for it and has some nice/unique features.

It just isn't as iconic/familiar (or have the same number of DCS bugs) as the M-2000C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, etc., so doesn't get the attention it deserves from me.

YMMV.

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 4

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Bought Jeff on release. Few things were WIP, but overall was pretty much feature complete. It's also my main plane I use.

Love Deka as developer too - good interaction with users and very fast response to problems and fixes.

• Like 6

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

3 hours ago, Kup said:

One problem - not enough pylons) and ofcourse HMCS. Love this jet.

Embrace this limitation! 

Though Block III seems to have provisions for cheek mounted hardpoint.

If Block I can receive such update, and if PAF decides to implement this, maybe we will get this additional hardpoint in the future... Like 5-10 years from now...

https://defence.pk/pdf/attachments/pylon-jpg.737988/

Edited by killkenny1
  • Like 4

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

On 6/22/2021 at 10:21 AM, killkenny1 said:

Embrace this limitation! 

Though Block III seems to have provisions for cheek mounted hardpoint.

If Block I can receive such update, and if PAF decides to implement this, maybe we will get this additional hardpoint in the future... Like 5-10 years from now...

https://defence.pk/pdf/attachments/pylon-jpg.737988/

Even without the Block III version there.  I can do just fine with the 7 hardpoints it has now.  

It's a light fighter, not a Su-27 or F-15E, people need to understand this. 

Still one of the best modern modules in DCS.  And ED could learn from Deka and RAZBAM on the stores modeling, having g limitations is real and fun.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

In case you still doubt or for anyone who reads me now ... buy it without hesitation! I hesitated one year and now I make up for lost time without my favorite jet ... 😍

Edited by ReyCandy
  • Like 1

Owned sorted by use: F-5E | JF-17 | F/A-18C | FC3 | A-10C II | L-39 | M-2000C | New adquisition: F-16C  🔸Mods: A-4E-C

In the spotlight: Mirage F1 | Syria        🔸Terrains: Nevada | Persian Gulf

25.06.2021 в 01:44, Hodo сказал:

Even without the Block III version there.  I can do just fine with the 7 hardpoints it has now.  

It's a light fighter, not a Su-27 or F-15E, people need to understand this. 

Still one of the best modern modules in DCS.  And ED could learn from Deka and RAZBAM on the stores modeling, having g limitations is real and fun.

And the vapour cone too, it's displayed in certain conditions. Can't believe DCS as a whole doesn't have it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 5:45 PM, WarbossPetross said:

And the vapour cone too, it's displayed in certain conditions. Can't believe DCS as a whole doesn't have it!

Yeah I noticed it last night when I was defending against a player in a F-15C who launched ALL of the Amraams at me.  I had four of them at one time behind me.  

It is one of the best modules in DCS.  Beautifully done, many toys to play with and unique as well in terms of MFDs, how they are set up, HUD information, of course various types of weapons.  I bought it quite a while ago but have only really just started flying it on a regular basis and it is most enjoyable.

• Like 1

Dude, it was worth it on launch day, it literally launched basically feature complete the best module launch DCS has ever had. Just needed some bug fixing.

Also great news about EXP/DBS, getting those boys designated who are close together is hard.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22