multi monitor picture request !

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mate - I linked a snapshot of the settings on my blog http://pitblog.radsy.com/archives/00000226.htm and otherwise the trials and tribulations of getting this working are in this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=37491

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

ok i have been lurking around the board for a while

and have tried to get the 2 monitor set up working on my vista machine

i have a asus 22" as my main screen and a acer 19" as my right hand screen

i can get the two screens to work sort of but am getting confused as some post say you have to create a phantom screen to the left (and take a hit in screen rates) and some say not to make a phantom screen also to edit the options .lua or not also ful screen or windowed can some one help me out here by posting what i need to show main camera on the 22" and the shkval,abris on the 19" (also some one said it was possible to show the wing man commands on the second screen too ?

only just started playing sims like this and while very much fun to fly about i'm wondering if i have bitten off more then i can chew with BS

Thanks in advance for any help

Ed

Edited by Ed Hunter
typos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Here's a screenshot of my 2 monitor setup:

attachment.php?attachmentid=25551&stc=1&d=1236091163

My System is running WindowsXP with a 8800GT connected to 2 20' 1680x1050 displays. It was a little hard to get nview profiles working properly cos I normally use one display but it works fine now. If anyone is interested I can post my nview profile and Monitor setup lua file here.

BTW are there any other instruments/systems which can be configured to show up on the second display?

ScreenShot_002.thumb.jpg.c1b3ccc5ee0b568c648d3a3ad15246e5.jpg

BTW are there any other instruments/systems which can be configured to show up on the second display?

Not at this time

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

I'm interesed in knowing you system specs and framerates running 2 1680x1050 displays.

Cause I have 1 1680x1050 running everything except water and instruments resolution at MAX and fullscreen and cant seem to get above 25 fps.

FPS is ranging from 17-24 when in cockpit view and 25-35 in external camera view.

Graphic settings:

attachment.php?attachmentid=25609&stc=1&d=1236256794

Systen specs:

C2D 6600 (2400MHz)

Abit X38QuadGT

2GB DDR2 800

8800GT

SB Audigy ZS

DCS-BS.jpg.64dd7cb44010fc9b0ef69070ab5d6834.jpg

I'm interesed in knowing you system specs and framerates running 2 1680x1050 displays.

Cause I have 1 1680x1050 running everything except water and instruments resolution at MAX and fullscreen and cant seem to get above 25 fps.

With 2x1680x1050 and 1 camera + shkval + abris, I have almost the same fps than with a single 1680x1050 monitor an 1 camera only ... 30 ~ 40 fps.

At least there is no fps hit sensible to me.

Currently I am flying with 3x1440x900 - 1 camera - ( really a WOW effect ;) ) - with this solution there is a sensible fps hit, but it is still flyable.

After the simulation is coming it takes some seconds to load all the things, but then it's ok.

e.g. 'Clear Tkvarcheli'

a mission with relative low fps at the beginning

- sim is coming up with low ~8 fps,

- after a few seconds loading arround ~18

- after leaving the farp ~20 going up to ~40 fps

all in cockpitview, outside slightly higher

The stunning visuals with three widescreens make me forget the initial low fps ... definately worth it!

Ingame system settings, except resolution, are similar to the screenshot above. I am still experimenting with the nvidia settings, a little boost might be still possible.

----

WinXP 32 / affinity tool

MBX775 ASUS P5Q PRO

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.1 GHz

Kingston DDR2-800 PC-6400 4GB

Gainward GeForce 9800 GTX

---

All this makes me think that the graphiccard still has reserves and the cpu is the limiting factor ...

Edited by Haegar

So I'm trying to find out exactly what "viewDx" and "viewDy" do. Numerous places in this thread label them as the horizontal/vertical view angles. This confuses me for two reasons. First they're both set to zero in most configs. Does anyone know what angle "0" corresponds to, what range of numbers are acceptable, and what angles they correspond to? Second, the config defines aspect ratio and two 'view angles'. This seems unnecessary. If 'viewDx' and 'viewDy' are truely view angles then they essentially define the aspect ratio. Conversly, the aspect ratio and 1 of the view angles would define the other view angle. So why require all three in the config?

I'm starting to suspect that I've either interpreted 'view angle' improperly or that "viewDx" and "viewDy" mean something different. Honestly I'm hoping that they turn out to define the magnitude of an offset view frustum (middle column in this image http://www.vis-sim.com/vegaprime/images/vp_chanprojections_01.jpg). Has anyone actually messed around with these values that can provide some feedback? Thanks much.

just read thru this thread (whew!) and am wondering, I have two 22' lcds that are the same brand, and I want to run the abris and shikval on one. I noticed a few people talking about framerate hits when doing this... Do yall think I would be ok running that witha 9950quad core and a 9800gtx?

Its not a pain now to zoom in on these things, and i guess I would rather zoom in than take a performance hit, but It sure would be cool to have the 2ed monitor.

Thanks

Home-Built Rig - | ASUS TUF Z390-Plus| i9 9900k | 2080ti | 32g G.SKILL TridentZ |Samsung 970 evos | Tagan 1100w PS | Warthog Hotas | Track ir 5 | Saitek Pedals | PFT Collective

I was running a 2nd and was gitting aroung 15-30 FPS. Just did a reformat of HD and reinstall of everything and ran on 1 screan was gitting 30-60 fps. You shuld post your PC stats in your sig so we have a better idea of what you are running. If you have vista and the affinty trick you shuld be fine.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Dx is left /right, Dy is up/down.

Dx 0 is straight ahead, -1 is left/forward, 1 is right/forward, ect. you can go all the way around. You use these if you are using more than one viewing camera.

it is like the old snap views you chose with a hat back in the day. I believe left/right is 45* angles and up down is 30*.

So I'm trying to find out exactly what "viewDx" and "viewDy" do. Numerous places in this thread label them as the horizontal/vertical view angles. This confuses me for two reasons. First they're both set to zero in most configs. Does anyone know what angle "0" corresponds to, what range of numbers are acceptable, and what angles they correspond to? Second, the config defines aspect ratio and two 'view angles'. This seems unnecessary. If 'viewDx' and 'viewDy' are truely view angles then they essentially define the aspect ratio. Conversly, the aspect ratio and 1 of the view angles would define the other view angle. So why require all three in the config?

I'm starting to suspect that I've either interpreted 'view angle' improperly or that "viewDx" and "viewDy" mean something different. Honestly I'm hoping that they turn out to define the magnitude of an offset view frustum (middle column in this image http://www.vis-sim.com/vegaprime/images/vp_chanprojections_01.jpg). Has anyone actually messed around with these values that can provide some feedback? Thanks much.

Edited by JG14_Smil

Thanks JG14, i had definitely misinterpreted 'view angle'. Does this mean that you can define an additional camera view (or more) in the script file (i.e. triplehead2go style with custom view angles). In this case, are the new cameras slaved to the trackir input like the default camera is? Also, is the mouse usable on the custom cameras (for flipping switches and such)?

Hello all,

First of all, thank you Maddog011. I made it work. Initially I didn't think I could, and then it turned out not to such a big deal with your instruction.

I run Vista x64 on a 22' (1680x1050) and a 15' (1024x768), I have an ATI 4870x2, and run DCS BS in windowed mode.

It took a few tries, but now I have it setup as follows:

c:\Program Files (x86)\1C\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Config\MonitorSetup\2Monitortest.lua

c:\Program Files (x86)\1C\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\BlackShark\data\scripts\options.lua

Maddog011 rep +1

I have the exact monitor setup as you but my smaller monitor is on the left. What do I need to change to have ABRIS show up on the left side?

need help tweaking my 2 monitor set up please ; running abris and shkval on right monitor , shkval is on left side and abris on right side .

problems are ;

-no info bar (bottom of screen) well it's "there" but shows no info , so it's just a bar , I want the info back ;)

-can't display framerate counter anymore , I guess it's lost on the phantom monitor .

-can't take screenshots , makes the whole game crash .

-I see weird color under the shkval part of my screen , any way to set this to black or something ?

using Vista Ultimate 64 bits , system info in sig . running both displays at 1280/1024 , desktop set to same or no display on secondary monitor .

here's my settings ;

---------------------------

["graphics"] =

{

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "pit_camera+abris+shkval",

["color"] = "32",

["heatBlr"] = 1,

["scenes"] = "high",

["water"] = 3,

["fullScreen"] = false,

["visibRange"] = "High",

["aspect"] = 3.75,

["textures"] = 2,

["shadows"] = 2,

["display_mode"] =

{

["avi"] =

{

["bpp"] = 32,

["resolution"] = "640x480",

["full_screen"] = false,

["aspect"] = 1.333333333,

["height"] = 480,

["width"] = 640,

}, -- end of ["avi"]

}, -- end of ["display_mode"]

["effects"] = 3,

["lights"] = 2,

["haze"] = 1,

["terrPrld"] = "20",

["height"] = 1024,

["resolution"] = "1280x1024",

["civTraffic"] = 1,

["width"] = 3840,

}, -- end of ["graphics"]

} -- end of options

----------------------------

pit_camera+abris+shkval;

--------------------------------

Description = 'ABRIS and Shkval on the right and camera on the center'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 1280;

y = 0;

width = 1280;

height = 1024;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.25;

}

}

Shkval =

{

x = 2560;

y = 341;

width = 640;

height = 640/2;

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 3200;

y = 0;

width = 640;

height = 1024;

}

--------------------------------------

thanks in advance :D

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

need help tweaking my 2 monitor set up please ; running abris and shkval on right monitor , shkval is on left side and abris on right side .

problems are ;

-no info bar (bottom of screen) well it's "there" but shows no info , so it's just a bar , I want the info back ;)

-can't display framerate counter anymore , I guess it's lost on the phantom monitor .

-can't take screenshots , makes the whole game crash .

-I see weird color under the shkval part of my screen , any way to set this to black or something ?

using Vista Ultimate 64 bits , system info in sig . running both displays at 1280/1024 , desktop set to same or no display on secondary monitor .

thanks in advance :D

Those are all trade-offs we live with for having multi-monitors. Although, Someone has posted a fix to get the FPS counter back. I looked for it but couldn't find it for you, sorry. It's called Phantom monitor fix, a small program you run before you start BS.

Edited by Mxyzpylk
added info
  • Like 1

Those are all trade-offs we live with for having multi-monitors. Although, Someone has posted a fix to get the FPS counter back. I looked for it but couldn't find it for you, sorry. It's called Phantom monitor fix, a small program you run before you start BS.

thanks for the info , and does the multimonitor work in multiplayer ?

haven't had a chance to try yet

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

can't get that phantom monitor.exe thing to work , all I get is a wide view of the cockpit across the 2 screens , no abris or shkval

I would really like to get it working as I can't do multiplayer as it stands right now and it's supposed to work in multi from that thread (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=633892#post633892)

if anybody can help me , I'd like config info for 1280x1024 for each displays with cockpit on left display and shkval and abris on the right display .

I want shkval near the cockpit so left side of right monitor .

:helpsmilie::joystick::helpsmilie:

thanks

Ryke, you need to increase the size of horizontal dimension to span across both monitors. Resolution should be the overall width of both monitors. Check PM.

["effects"] = 3,

["lights"] = 2,

["haze"] = 1,

["terrPrld"] = "20",

["height"] = 1024,

["resolution"] = "(1280+1280)x1024",

["civTraffic"] = 1,

["width"] = 3840,

} -- end of options

thanks bro , got it to work fine in single player , hope I get a reply to fix the "phantom monitor" issue so that I can have the same goodies in multiplayer now .

got it to work with Cypher1312's help

here's the thread and config info (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=37983)

hope it helps someone cause it sure wasn't easy to get to work right .

• 2 weeks later...

Dual View help needed please

Hi Guys

I have just put in place my other monitor

I have 2 monitors main monitor is (1920 x 1200) second monitor which is on the right is (1600 x 1200)

I jsut cannot get the ABRIS or the SCAVAL to display on the fight monitor, all i get is the game stretched across 2 screens.

Running Windows 7 with the Nvdia drivers.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Mithandra

my options.lua file:

options = 
{
["views"] = 
{
["cockpit"] = 
{
["mirrors"] = false,
["reflections"] = false,
["avionics"] = 3,
["russianHud"] = false,
}, -- end of ["cockpit"]
}, -- end of ["views"]
["difficulty"] = 
{
["padlock"] = false,
["easyRadar"] = false,
["enemies"] = true,
["setGlobal"] = false,
["immortal"] = false,
["geffect"] = "realistic",
["easyFlight"] = false,
["permitCrash"] = false,
["radio"] = false,
["tips"] = true,
["fuel"] = false,
["aftSwitching"] = false,
["cockpitLanguage"] = "english",
["units"] = "imperial",
["externalViews"] = true,
["hud"] = false,
["myPlane"] = true,
["iconsTheme"] = "nato",
["map"] = true,
["weapons"] = false,
["allies"] = true,
["labels"] = true,
}, -- end of ["difficulty"]
["audio"] = 
{
["wind"] = 100,
["radio"] = 100,
["musicEn"] = false,
["engines"] = 100,
["soundEn"] = true,
["effects"] = 100,
["music"] = 50,
["radioSpeech"] = true,
["warnings"] = 100,
["volume"] = 100,
["inCockpit"] = 100,
["mech"] = 100,
["subtitles"] = true,
["gui"] = 50,
}, -- end of ["audio"]
["graphics"] = 
{
["multiMonitorSetup"] = "shkval+camera",
["color"] = "32",
["heatBlr"] = 1,
["scenes"] = "high",
["water"] = 3,
["fullScreen"] = false,
["visibRange"] = "High",
["aspect"] = 3.201,
["textures"] = 2,
["shadows"] = 3,
["display_mode"] = 
{
["avi"] = 
{
["bpp"] = 32,
["resolution"] = "640x480",
["full_screen"] = false,
["aspect"] = 1.333333333,
["height"] = 480,
["width"] = 640,
}, -- end of ["avi"]
}, -- end of ["display_mode"]
["effects"] = 3,
["lights"] = 2,
["haze"] = 1,
["terrPrld"] = "20",
["height"] = 1200,
["resolution"] = "1920x1200",
["civTraffic"] = 0,
["width"] = 5120,
} -- end of options

my Shkval+Camera file:

Description = 'Shkval on the left monitor, camera on the right'
Viewports =
{
Center =
{
x = 1600;
y = 0;
width = 1920;
height = 1200;
viewDx = 0;
viewDy = 0;
aspect = screen.aspect / 2;
}
}
Shkval =
{
x = 4320;
y = 0;
width = 800;
height = 1200/2;
}
ABRIS =
{
x = 3520;
y = 0;
width = 800;
height = 1200;
}
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = screen.width / 2;
height = screen.height;
}

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist