multi monitor picture request !

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after about 2 hours of thought and an hour of trial and error I got it to work, here is waht I did, screw the 2monitor test and I didnt touch the options.lua at all.

All I did was edited the shkval+camera.lua

Description = 'Shkval on the left monitor, camera on the right'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1600;

height = 1200;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect / 2;

}

}

Shkval =

{

x = 1600;

y = 0;

width = 1600;

height = 500;

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 1600;

y = 400;

width = 1600;

height = 800;

}

My screen res is 3200x1200 and here is a screen shot with it working and all is good!

Anyone who is still having problems feel free to PM me and I will help you out as I now understand how this works.

If I understand correct, you can run it on with "Full Screen" but therfore had to use the "stretch Display onto second monitor" option?

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

I have a couple of issues.

Taking a screenshot crashes the sim.

I can't see the frame rate counter in the upper left when I turn it on.

The "Communications menu" shows up on the 2nd monitor when I activate it.

When I go into "Map view" F10 the map is extended across both monitors. When I go into another view like F1 "Cockpit view" the map stays in the background on the 2nd monitor.

Are these problems inherent with this type of setup?

I'd like to hear from the other people here who have 2 monitors working If they have the same issues.

This is my main monitor.

431371531_juefM-O.jpg

This is my 2nd monitor. Notice how the "Communications menu" appears on this one. At first I thought I couldn't access it here but it turns out I can.

431372802_mvPWL-O.jpg

Edited by Mxyzpylk
added info

I have the same issue IRT the comms menu and crashing when I take a screen shot. I would really like to bring that comms menu on the main monitor, ie.: the cockpit one.

Did you notice if your MP UI is fubar? Mine is and it's a real turn off as I can't fly with 2 monitors online.

cheers!

pit

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I do stretch my monitors, I dont use windowed mode and when im a MP environment nothing changes, sure the UI is stretched but once I go to fly its all good.

Let me explain a few things, first I use an external progran to take my screen captures, and in multiplayer after I click fly everthing is good, I am away for the weekend and have no access to my machine so I cant take any SSs but I will be back monday, I feel if you cant run without being in a window you are not doing it right and am more than willing to help anyone set up there sim properly.

I honestly can say I am NOT an expert at what I am doing, but I have a very strong understanding of how my system works and how to get it to do what I want, that coupled with an understanding of how BSs file system works lets me see the results I want.

Edited by NIL8R
forgot something

Intel E6600 @ 2.4 GHz Zalman Cooler

EVGA 680I MoBo

EVGA 8800 GTX 764 MB

4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 PC8400 W/ Cooler

SB X-fi ExtremeGamer

Galaxy 1000 W PSU

WD 250GB SATA2

WD 250GB SATA2

2 Sony DVD Burner's

WinXP x32 Sp3

DX 10 w/ hotfix1

Saitek X-52

IR4 Pro with Trackclip Pro

I have the same issue IRT the comms menu and crashing when I take a screen shot. I would really like to bring that comms menu on the main monitor, ie.: the cockpit one.

Did you notice if your MP UI is fubar? Mine is and it's a real turn off as I can't fly with 2 monitors online.

cheers!

pit

I don't do multiplayer but, yeah the menu screen is porked.

I do stretch my monitors, I dont use windowed mode and when im a MP environment nothing changes, sure the UI is stretched but once I go to fly its all good.

Do you have the same issues I listed in my previous post?

You mean the one where you hit F10 and then F1 and it stays in the backround on monitor 2? if so yes I do and I am going to try and find a work around for it as I now have them in diff positions and one is smaller, but realisticly it doesnt bother me.

EVGA 680I MoBo

EVGA 8800 GTX 764 MB

SB X-fi ExtremeGamer

Galaxy 1000 W PSU

WD 250GB SATA2

WD 250GB SATA2

2 Sony DVD Burner's

WinXP x32 Sp3

DX 10 w/ hotfix1

Saitek X-52

i was wondering if some one can demonstrate the following setup...

sampleoj5.jpg

w988.png

PHOTOS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

If you want to get on TS or Vent next week I will see what we can do.

EVGA 680I MoBo

EVGA 8800 GTX 764 MB

SB X-fi ExtremeGamer

Galaxy 1000 W PSU

WD 250GB SATA2

WD 250GB SATA2

2 Sony DVD Burner's

WinXP x32 Sp3

DX 10 w/ hotfix1

Saitek X-52

You mean the one where you hit F10 and then F1 and it stays in the backround on monitor 2? if so yes I do and I am going to try and find a work around for it as I now have them in diff positions and one is smaller, but realisticly it doesnt bother me.

At least it's not just me then. The Comms menu on the second monitor doesn't bother me now knowing I can still access it. But, it would be nice if the cockpit wasn't stretched on the main monitor.

I dont use a fake 3rd screen and I dont edit the options.lua in any way, I edit the stock files to get my screen where and how I want them.

I found that you res has alot to do with if it stretched or not at my max res it may be slightly but not so much that youd even notice.

EVGA 680I MoBo

EVGA 8800 GTX 764 MB

SB X-fi ExtremeGamer

Galaxy 1000 W PSU

WD 250GB SATA2

WD 250GB SATA2

2 Sony DVD Burner's

WinXP x32 Sp3

DX 10 w/ hotfix1

Saitek X-52

i dont even have the game..im just wondering if the 3 monitor situation can be done...the way i have the ms paint image...

if anything..i like to see a 3 screen setup...all i keep seeing is the 2 monitor physical setup showing game in one monitor and Shkval+ABRIS on the second..

i want drool at some pictures..thats all..im currently waiting for the western release...currently, i am trying to make ABRIS Control stack...just ordered 70$ in usb controller board & switches..

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Well if I decided to order a 3rd Monitor in the next few weeks I will def let you see it

EVGA 680I MoBo

EVGA 8800 GTX 764 MB

SB X-fi ExtremeGamer

Galaxy 1000 W PSU

WD 250GB SATA2

WD 250GB SATA2

2 Sony DVD Burner's

WinXP x32 Sp3

DX 10 w/ hotfix1

Saitek X-52

cool...you da man...

so for the time being, can you setup just the two (2) monitors, where

the game runs in one monitor at widescreen @ 1680x1050, and then a second monitor running ONLY ABRIS on portrait mode @ 768x1024 ?

portrait mode is having the monitor rotated 90 degrees..by the way..

i would like to see a pic of that setup...

Hello all!

The engine of Black Shark can only display a picture that is rendered on one card! (a sli system works also like one card- from the point of view of the operating system)

So a USB soulotun is a no-go to get moving pictures from BlackShark directly on a second (third,whatever...) screen while using "Fullscreen"-mode.

But you can display things of other applications (that are reading the LUA files) like the "Virtual Panel" from Mnemonic in LockOn-FC on it:

>>>http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=21784&highlight=Virtual+Panel

So please wait for the international release before you spend money for something that might not work as you planned it !

:)

Edited by urze

Hello all!

The engine of Black Shark can only display a picture that is rendered on one card! (a sli system works also like one card- from the point of view of the operating system)

hey urze..hows it going..

so basically what your saying is that i need the Matrox TRIPLEHEAD2GO in order to get a setup like..

sampleoj5.jpg

w988.png

i can see why 2 video cards (2x 2 DVI connectors = 4 monitor outputs) dont work because windows it only allows the horizonal span of monitors per card.. i tried to do the horizonal span over three monitors, but i only see it per card.. ultimately i was able to span it via SoftTH, but who knows how it functions with black shark

so witht he triple head to go, your actually dealing one card, but i dont think the Matrox TH2G will allow one monitor to be in portrait mode while the other 2 are in landscape/widescreen..

SEEMS LIKE Matrox TH2G is on my christmas list! (plus the butt kickker)

How about this classic setup !!! :thumbup: :D

Than also look at this:

"8 Monitor Microsoft Flight Simulator"

I don't want to smaller the great work of these fellows...,

But....

MS FS can only display a Static image on multiple screens by default.

So don't except that you can use a device like TrackIR on all screens.

The "Camera View" will not move with your head.

But I managed it to use TrackIR with 6 screens in LockOn FC......

edit:

A Detailed tutorial about this is in the making.

(Don't ask for a ETA - when it's done!)

Edited by urze